(Closed) 1.5 ct or 2 for my size fingers? (Pic included)

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I get 1.5 ct or 2?

• Post # 17
    517 posts
    Busy bee

the 1.5 or the 1 both look great on your hands.

Post # 18
    1381 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Given similar specs, I would definitely choose the 2!

Post # 19
    91 posts
    Worker bee

The 1ct. looks good, and I think the 1.5 is fantastic. But I think if you go over 1.5 it might be too much. I vote for 1.25 ct. lol!!! Laughing

Post # 20
    2903 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2011 - Midland, TX

I think a 2ct would look to big, I think a 1.3 would look the best

Post # 21
    7899 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

I think the 1.5 looks great. It’s hard for me to estimate what a 2 would look like on your hand without actually seeing it, but the 1 is a little small since you can go bigger (though, really, it’s lovely too, but since larger sizes are on the table and you have a size 9 finger, I think larger would be great). I always think solitaire rings look best when the stone takes up 1/3-1/2 the width of the finger when viewed from above the hand.

Post # 22
    3667 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I think the 1 carat looks perfect!

Post # 23
    1 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Nicole thanks so much for this pic I’m new to Weddingbee and came on looking for this very information, funny thing is our hands are similar sized, and I’m going for the 1.5ct thanks to you! oh and to answer your question I think the 1.5 is perfect the 1ct to me looks a little small.

Post # 24
    972 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I voted 1 carat.  But I like small unobtrusive rings! So take that for what it’s worth.  The bigger it is the more it’s a hassle in pockets, purses, sweaters, coats, gloves, etc.  BUT that also depends on how high the stone sits and what YOUR preference is (and what weather gear you need)!  You should go with what you want and you guys can afford.  You could have at 2ct ring that would drive me batty but be perfect for you!

Post # 27
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2012

1.5 or 2 are both good. If you don’t have budget concern, take 2. My friend is size 5 and wearing 2ct. It looks so good with her wedding band.

What i am say so is because after a while, you’ll start to think the stone is too small. 

After 6 months wearing my less than 1ct e-ring. It just look not big at all, just fit, and can be better if it’s bigger on my finger.

My 2 cents.

Post # 28
    664 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

bigger is always better! 2ct for sure.

The topic ‘1.5 ct or 2 for my size fingers? (Pic included)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors