(Closed) 15 days to go and completely over it

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

hugs  no words of how to get the “fun” back into the wedding process just think of how handsome ur fiance will be at the end of the aisle.

Post # 4
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You poor thing, I hope people really turn themselves around. I’m glad to hear some people are supporting you- that’s wonderful. I hope the day is surprising amazing. If anything, focus on how lucky you are to have such a rocking guy for the rest of your life. Focus on the two of you having fun and enjoying yourselves. Ignore the rest.

Good luck and many hugs. 

Post # 5
60 posts
Worker bee

I think we’re clones of each other. I feel your pain, I truly do. Try your best to keep your head up. It is what it is. You make your day, your day does not make you. 🙂

Post # 6
1414 posts
Bumble bee

((((Hugs and support)))

Post # 7
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m getting married the day after you and I am over it too!  I’ve been with my Fiance for 10 years, we live together, we’re practically already married and I’m just at the point where I am over everything and I’ll start crying over the stupidest thing possible.  So you’re not alone…… I’m very excited to be marrying my fiance, but I am not so excited about the actual wedding part of it….. i definitely get where you’re coming from! 

Post # 8
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ve got about 83 days to go, and I am over it, too.  I am so stressed out and freaking out about how this is going to go, financially, that I can’t sleep at night anymore.

Post # 9
411 posts
Helper bee

I’m just over a month out and I totally understand too — at this point, all this wedding is to me is gluing my fingers together and cutting myself making the &#*%ing programs, arguing with my mom about the bill for the &$*#ing florist, being unable to vacuum our filthy apartment because there’s too much crafting &$*# all over the floor, staring at those two huge boxes of wedding stuff that need to be shipped and seeing nothing but aggravation and dollar signs … you get the picture.

But yesterday everything kinda turned, because yesterday I wrote my vows. And I FINALLY remembered what this is all about. Who cares that my parents wayyy overspent MY money on flowers I’ll probably hate? Who cares that my body is practically falling apart from stress right now and I can’t do anything fun because I’m afraid to spend money? I know that on the day of the wedding, I’ll get to say these wonderful words that I wrote, and everyone will cry (including me), and then I’ll be married to the man I love, and all this WEDDING crap will be over 🙂

When in doubt, pull those vows out. Everything will be okay!!

Post # 10
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I totally understand how you feel.  I felt SO unsupported.  But, on the wedding day, everyone was extremely supportive – to the degree I asked myself: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE and where did they come from?! 🙂

I’m so glad you have a handful of supportive friends around you.  Hang on to those people and the support they are able to give.

My mantra for my wedding day was to focus on my soon to be husband and not worry about anything else.  I encourage you to do the same.  You can’t predict how others will behave but I do hope you are pleasantly surprised.

Post # 12
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I’m glad you seem to be a bit more cheered up! It’s probably normal to be burned out by the end of such a long engagement. I’m going to echo what PPs said and tell you that the wedding day will be warm and happy and a positive experience for you and all of the crying and feelings of neglect will be out of mind and long forgotten.

Post # 13
967 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@eeestrad:  Those 30 people are the ones who SHOULD be at your wedding!  It doesn’t matter how many people go….it’s WHO goes….

Enjoy your day!  it’s all about you!

Post # 14
62 posts
Worker bee

I KNOW how you feel… I’m less that two weeks out now and just don’t care. 

((((hugs))))

Post # 15
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thirty people is a good size for destination wedding.  I guess you have been preparing everything for so long so you kind of burn out, I think it’s normal.  Go out, take a walk, and get relax, you should feel better soon.  It’s your big day!

Post # 16
326 posts
Helper bee

@LadySand:  same here!  same date!  OVER IT!! lol.

The topic ‘15 days to go and completely over it’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors