(Closed) 15 extra +1s? Aaah!

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

First off – how rude of them to just invite extra people.  But at least most of them came to their senses when told otherwise.  That’s better than most Bees’ +1 horror stories.

Second – they were planning on putting almost 30 people together in the rental house??  Are they crazy??

Post # 4
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

yikes!!! speak to someone quick!! have them spread the word!

on a happier note: we gave about 15 people a plus one and none of them brought dates!  It was lucky and great!

Post # 5
4824 posts
Honey bee

You did the right thing and stick to your initial thoughts. Just tell them you wish you could, but it wouldn’t be fair to not only your other friends, but family members as well who arent getting a +1

Boy, it really does amaze me what people assume. Before my FH were engaged we were always sure to clarify if I was invited to his families weddings (sometimes I was and sometimes I wasnt) and I was never insulted if I wasnt. The line has to be somewhere.

Post # 6
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

They were very rude to assume they could bring people. Stick to your guns.

Post # 7
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Oh, the uninitiated. I’m guessing none of these folks have planned a wedding before?

Post # 8
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Obviously if these people are all getting a house together, they are all friends and therefore would know plenty of other people at the wedding and would be able to have a good time. 

Hold your ground! 🙂

The topic ‘15 extra +1s? Aaah!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors