(Closed) 1.5 in heel or flats?

posted 7 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Heels, no hemming and be taller than FI -OR- Flats, be comfortable and hem the dress?
    Heels : (6 votes)
    19 %
    Flats : (23 votes)
    72 %
    Other- Can't imagine but I'm open to ideas! : (1 votes)
    3 %
    I just can't stop clicking!!! : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    456 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I would go with the flats.  you can find some really cute ones out there!  I’ll try and post the ones I’ve found later bc I’m not on my home computer.  I had knee surgery (and will have one more before my wedding) so it looks like I’ll be stuck with the flats as well but I think it will be worth it to not have any problems with my knee (and to be comfortable during the wedding as well:))

Post # 4
    456 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

and for some reason I just picked heels in the poll.. so disregard that one 🙂  must be my subconscious at work

Post # 5
    5011 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

It’s really up to you. I voted a small heel as it makes a huge difference to your posture and how your dress looks.

Post # 6
    645 posts
    Busy bee

I’d say flats for sure… If you’d feel uncomfortable with the height difference and you’d just get plain dizzy… I wouldn’t risk it. 

You want to be at 100% on your wedding day!

I’m going for flats too – I have issues with my hip and wearing heels never helps. I want to enjoy my wedding day to the max so i’m going with flats. 

Post # 7
    131 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I’ll go with the flats… I’m sure you don’t want to have any uneasy moment (dizzy or others…) on your big day.  However, it’s really up to you.

Post # 8
    1723 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I would choose flats.  It sounds like a safety concern for you because you’ll be excited, stressed, running around, dancing etc.

Post # 9
    1109 posts
    Bumble bee

Some girly part of me deep down says I should go for something like a 1.5″ heel.

The practical me is thinking flats, for the stability benefit, and since Fiance and I are pretty much the same height.  I always fall over in pointy heels, but small wedge-heels I am fine with.  

I’d probably go with the heel, if only for not having to do the hemming.  Besides, men’s dress shoes usually add about an inch or so in height, so the difference probably won’t be as drastic.

Post # 10
    149 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

i’d go with the 1.5 heel. flats are always more comfy, but even the smallest heel naturally gives you better posture and makes you stand straight up and tall- which i think is a must when all the attention is on you!

Post # 11
    Hostess
    23602 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I’d go with the heel, but I could see it either way.  Sometimes finding the perfect shoe is a little hard, so why not browse for both and see where it takes you? 🙂

Post # 12
    899 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I said other. Why don’t you go with the heel for the ceremony? You can literally put them on right before you walk down the aisle. And take them off right after. 

Like other posters have said, it will give you better posture during the ceremony when you aren’t thinking about standing up straight. 

For formal pics and the reception, you can wear flats. You will be the same height as your Fiance for the pictures and you will be comfortable. 

The topic ‘1.5 in heel or flats?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors