(Closed) 15 nieces and nephews???

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh wow, that’s tough.  I think this might be an all or nothing situation.  Unless you don’t mind offending some of the people involved.  Like his sister he doesn’t get along with may be upset but if that isn’t important it may not effect your decision.  But there are going to be others that may be at least bummed.  If I were in this situation, I think I’d just scratch the whole kids thing.  It may be difficult to pull off but it seems like its the easiest remedy.

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

If your budget can handle it, maybe you could pay for a sitter and a room for the kids with activities for them. I would make the reception adults only, except for the kids that are in the wedding. You could also offer the parents a sitter that they could pay for themselves. You might make a few people mad, but it is your wedding and if your reception venue is small and there is going to be alchohol, they should be more understanding.

Post # 5
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yeah, this is a tough one. I think, honestly, the best sollution is to invite them, and offer to contact or pay for or go halfsies on a babysitter for the reception. Or see if mom is planning on cutting out early. Basically, try to find a way where they can come, say high to their uncle, and then be removed from the boozy dancing part.

Though, as a kid who spent her childhood going to boozy, giant weddingsin reception halls named things like “Cow Palace,” I can tell you that I had a great time. I thought it was hilarious when my uncle took off his pants on the dance floor. Didn’t scar me. Tongue out

The topic ‘15 nieces and nephews???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors