1.5 ct : (64 votes)
    56 %
    2 ct : (50 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 3
    2203 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have a 1.5ct on a size 5 finger… And all anyone says is “wow that’s huge!” which I kind of hate lol. I never know what to say…. I think it’s the perfect size, tho. 🙂 I do think if I ever upgrade to the amora gem, I’ll go with 2ct because rink shrinkage is a real thing! It happened after just a month to me LOL. So if you think 2ct is the ideal size for you, go for it! 

Post # 4
    1663 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I think either will be beautiful– are we talking round?  What do you have now?

Post # 5
    11271 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

i have a 2ct centre plus 4 additional side stones of 2ctw.  my ring size is 5.5 and i love it. 

personally, i don’t think a 2ct will look too big.  it’s not a big price difference at all with a moissy so i say go for it.

Post # 6
    6221 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I think either would be good- what is the look you are going for? 

Post # 7
    7437 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

I would definitely go with the 2 carat in a solitaire. I have a 1.44 stone, but it’s in a halo setting, so I like more finger coverage.

Post # 8
    Hostess
    2999 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

my vote is the 2ct!  I don’t want you thinking…oh I wish I got to 2ct later down the road

Post # 10
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: December 2013

@sleepyhead22:  I totally agree with everything Sleepyhead says…my finger size is a 4.5 and my ring is a 1.5 briliant. People always have something to say like, “whoa that’s huge” or “your ring is blinding” but the worst was “that’s not THAT big you should see blah blah blah’s it’s bigger” (which i think was the rudest thing)…it’s pretty annoying since people just see the size and not how beautiful the ring is and you never know how to respond back either.

I love my ring and I think it’s beautiful! Everytime I look down at it I think about my soon to be husband and how much he loves me hehe – whichever size you choose to get be prepared to hear silly comments but as long as you love your ring than it was the right choice 🙂   (consider the cut you’re getting and go for the 2 crt. if you like it)

Post # 11
    192 posts
    Blushing bee

I am size 5.5 too.. and I have a load of massive rings, some my SO thinks (I quote) are ‘like a spaceship’ BUT when it comes to an everyday ring I felt a little differently..

I would say print the size chart from Moissyco and cut out the size you are thinking/ stick that baby to your finger!

A lot depends on the shape and the setting- I was adamant anything less than 8mm (2ct) would be too small, but I ordered a few Cheap CZs (diamondcz.co.uk) to compare and actually, in the shape I wanted (asscher) I thought the 8mm was huge, the 7.5 still too big and the 7mm perfect, 6mm too small… its hard to tell until you see it so I would either do a test run like that or print the sizes off at least to see what you think. Also depending whether you want to pass it off as a diamond.

In London anything over 1ct really stands out as ‘big’ but I know for a lot of US bees 2-3ct is fairly standard, so maybe that will influence your thoughts?

Keep us posted what you decide!

Post # 12
    384 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I personally feel that 2 carats looks too big on my own finger, but then again I am a 3.5. Is there any way you could visit a jewelers and try on stones of those two sizes? That should give you an idea.

Post # 13
    2203 posts
    Buzzing bee

@charlie_bear:  ah I’m so glad you understand! I want people to notice the setting, the milgrain, the prongs etc. I’d even be happy with a couple nail polish comments LOL. Anything except “wow that’s huge.” it really got to me for a little while until I realized I might say the same thing to someone else haha. 

Post # 14
    117 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

This is my 2 Ct white sapphire center 2.5 tcw. Tacori setting size 5 finger, bloom cut

@GypsyLove:  

Post # 15
    2351 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

My diamond solitaire is right smack in the middle of 1.5 and 2.0 and is a 5.5 size. I considered a 2.0 that wasn’t that much more expensive. I tried it on and all the ladies in the store oohed and ahhed but I thought it was too obnoxious. I only imagined ppls faces and what ppl would say behind my back if I showed up with a 2ct. But I still wanted the size so I opted for under 2. To me, there’s a big difference between 1ct and 1.5 and just as much difference in the 1.5 and the 2.0. So, my advice is to go with the smaller stone on a small 5.5 finger size.

Post # 16
    695 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

You should get what you like- people will always have some opinion of your ring.  If you like bigger, go bigger!  If not, then do the 1.5. But don’t make a decision based on what other people will say.  You are the one that will look at it every day, so it should be what You like.

🙂

The topic ‘1.5 or 2ct? Size 5.5 finger’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors