(Closed) 15 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2523 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

It’s nice to see things like this for once. We apologize a lot as Americans, but it seems that no one ever apologizes to us when things are done to hurt us.

It’s a shame that a small group of hateful people are trying to represent a large group of peace-loving people.

Thanks for sharing.

Post # 4
7685 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

thank you for that

Post # 5
1289 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m glad people are seeing this.  Just as the Westboro Baptist Church does not represent Christians, those murderers don’t represent Islam. 

Post # 6
10588 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

@Torrid:  You’re joking, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ErPZH8xRA

@AlwaysSunny:  It’s sad when a large, diverse group of people has to apologize for a smaller group of extremists, but this is a great reminder to those who tend to stereotype the larger group based on the extremists.

Post # 7
1289 posts
Bumble bee

@AB Bride:  LOL! That video is amazing! Also, +1!

Post # 8
2523 posts
Sugar bee

@AB Bride:  No, I’m not joking. I don’t think America is always right, but I feel that since the early 1900s when Teddy Roosevelt made us the “World Police” (which I don’t agree with, I think we should take care of our problems) and we’re expected to be in a lot of situations that we have to apologize for. Sometimes it gets tiring hearing your country have to apologize for being “stupid” or “insensitive” but when your people get attacked there isn’t anything to be said for it.

That’s all I’m going to say about it.

Post # 9
1289 posts
Bumble bee

@Torrid:  The different perceptions are interesting.  I, for one, think that the US rarely apologizes, even when we should.   

Post # 10
10588 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Torrid:  I definitely don’t see America as the country that apologizes the most.  Also, America has been a superpower for quite a while in recent history.  It seems to me that some of the apologies that American hasn’t received is because they are not deserved.

Here, I wouldn’t expect the first nations to apologize to the rest of us for costing taxpayers due to their higher percentages in jails.  It’s an issue of disparity, due to what’s happened over time.

Post # 11
2523 posts
Sugar bee

@eimajleigh:  No one’s perception is right or wrong. I grew up in military bases overseas, so my perceptions are different than many people. We all build our opinions based on our experiences, and are entitled to them.

And I didn’t say America apologizes the most. I just feel in certain situations where we apologize to save face when I feel others are at fault, it doesn’t sit right with me.

Post # 12
1289 posts
Bumble bee

@Torrid:  I didn’t say that one perception was right or wrong, nor did I say that you weren’t entitled to yours.  Perception is reality.  I was just making the observation that our realities are clearly very different. 

Post # 13
2523 posts
Sugar bee

@eimajleigh:  I understand. I wasn’t getting upset.

Post # 14
1289 posts
Bumble bee

@Torrid:  I know.  Neither was I.

Post # 15
10588 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Torrid:  I can see how being on a military base could colour some of your perceptions.

In general though, I think countries that have the upperhand tend to not apologize enough, and countries beneath them tend to bend quickly and may apologize when it isn’t even necessary.  America isn’t the only country that has had the upperhand in recent years, but it’s at or near the top of that list.

The topic ‘15 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors