(Closed) 15 weeks pregnant and can't keep anything down

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
134 posts
Blushing bee

Hey hun! That sucks your not feeling good. I’m sure baby is just fine, so don’t worry! Suck on ice chips or popsicles. Maybe pick up some pedialyte. 

I threw up multiple times a day my whole 1st pregnancy, could hardly keep a thing down. I found bagels to really help! And sipping smoothies.

Post # 3
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

lovepuppies978 :  you can always call your doctor to see what the best thing to do would be. This happened to me and my doctor wanted me to go to the hospital to get fluids so I didn’t get dehydrated and I was also able to get antinausea meds. She booker an appointment for me so I didn’t have to go to the ER or anything. Hope you feel better soon!

Post # 4
184 posts
Blushing bee

lovepuppies978 :  I know EXACTLY how you feel, I was still nauseous at 16 weeks just like that.  It was to the point here even driving to and from work I was constantly pulling over to barf in a bag, it was so miserable.  I BEGGED my doctor for anti nausea meds and I ended up being prescribed Diglegis.  It was a total life saver for me.  I’m 19 weeks now and still get occassional nausea about once a week or so, and the meds make me a bit more tired during the day, but I am able to eat most of anything and get through my day without a hitch.  I would ask your doctor about it 🙂

Here are some things that help curb my nausea temporarily:  saltines, ice pops, watermelon chunks, bananas, sliced strawberries, and gatorade.

I wouldn’t stress too much about the baby.  From what I was told, the baby will get any extra nutrients it needs from your nutrient supply. 

Hang in there bee <3

Post # 5
2033 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

If it if it came on that suddenly, you might have a case of food poisoning. It can show up days after you’ve eaten the culprit and can last for days as well. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Just keep trying to stay hydrated. If it doesn’t improve though, I would go see your doctor. They can give you fluids and meds. 

Post # 6
4229 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

Currently 25 weeks pregnant with baby #1. I was really sick up until maybe 22 weeks. Even WITH Diclectin I was still throwing up 1-2 times every day! I’m still nauseous now but at least I can get through a day without puking my lungs out. I also have developed some food sensitivities…whenever I eat those foods my sickness is even worse. For example, I developed a sensitivity to pork. I had pork chops for dinner one night and threw up SIX times in the following 12 hours and felt ill for a full two days after eating it. I also can’t even LOOK at sweet bell peppers (a former veggie go-to of mine). We were at a friends house and they made homemade pizza. There was red peppers on it. I was too polite to reject the meal…but I didn’t even make it all the way through dinner before I puked!

My doctor instructed me to sip Gatorade when I felt this ill to restore my electrolites and feel better (essentially ‘hangover protocol’).

Being pregnant feels like WAR sometimes! You’re not alone *hug*

Post # 7
698 posts
Busy bee

Do you think you may have a stomach bug or do you think it is baby? Keep on with the ginger ale and maybe even take some liqued pepto. I do think that is safe to take during pregnancy.

I am 13.3 weeks now and experienced vomitting all the 1st trimester. The carbonated drinks helped although sometimes I would throw that up too. 

Post # 8
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

lovepuppies978 :  I’m not sure where you live but in the ny/nj area there’s a bad stomach virus going around. Take care of yourself. Sip on gatorade with ice chips

Post # 9
2166 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

lovepuppies978 :  if you can’t keep liquids down at all in a24 hr period you need to call your doctor.

The topic ‘15 weeks pregnant and can't keep anything down’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors