(Closed) 150 Guest Wedding – Bridal Party

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 16
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I think those rules are kind of nuts. I’m having about 150 people and we have only one attendant each, plus the fg and Round Brilliant. It’s up to you!

Generally the bridal party pays for their own clothes but you are responsible for bouquets/bouts, hair and makeup if you require that they get it done professionally, and gifts. They do also need to be invited to the rehearsal dinner and probably be given plus ones. It does add up, which is one of the reasons I kept it small. 

Post # 17
Hostess
3892 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I think it’s fine. We’re inviting about 150 guests and have 6 BMs (2 are MOHs) and 4 GMs. We didn’t really have any close youngins to be Flower Girl and Round Brilliant so we aren’t having them. I’ve been in wedding parties that were much larger with less guests (120 guests, 8 BMs, 10 GMs). I think it only looks weird when you have a very small guest list and a huge wedding party; 8 BMs, 8 GMs, 20 guests that sort of thing.

Post # 18
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Im having a destination wedding, a max of 60 guests and I have 1 moh, 4 bridemaids and he has 7 groomsmen and 1 best man. Do what makes you happy and whats affordable to you.

Post # 20
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

hermommyhisfiancee:  We’re having 150 people with 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 1 best man, and 4 each of bridesmaids and groomsmen. No child attendants. I’m even wondering if that’s a bit much.

Honestly, I don’t think it matters much if they’re all really important to you. I’ve been to a 300+ person wedding with a 6-person bridal party, and I’ve been to 200-person weddings with bridal parties similar to yours. You do you.

Post # 21
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I never heard of a rule about this, but we’re having 200 guests and we have 2 MOHs, 2 Best Men, 3 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsmen and one flower girl. I guess it could look weird if you have a 100 person wedding and a bridal party of 20 people, but I doubt a lot of people would care about that.

Etiquette on what you pay for differs, but they should all be invited to a rehearsal dinner (if you have one). I knew that I wanted to pay for dresses, so I also factored that into it. My fiance is letting the groomsmen wear a suit they already own in similar colors and we’re just getting them matching ties. You also need to factor in flowers if you want each of them to hold a bouqet or wear a boutenniere, as well as gifts, which adds up.

Post # 22
399 posts
Helper bee

I dont think you should base your bridal party off of the number of guests.  I am having a larger wedding/smaller bridal party.  Had my wedding been 40 or 400 I still woulda had the same party.

Post # 23
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

You can have as many or as few in the bridal party as you want. We have 110 on our guest list (not expecting them all to come) and our bridal party includes 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 2 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, 3 groomsmen (no best man, my Fiance didn’t want to single any of his guys out), and 2 ring bearers. 

Post # 24
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Harn Homestead

hermommyhisfiancee:  We should have about 150 people at our wedding and we have the following in our party.

1 Maid/Matron of Honor

2 BMs

1 Best Man

2 Groomsmen

2 FG/Ring Princess

I think your bridal party size shouldnt matter, if you want that many people to stand by you then do it. We picked our closest friends to be in ours and just so happens to be 3 of each. I only cared about picking someone who would stand by my side and be there for me during the planning and that frankly I love because its a very big day for me. 

Post # 25
2507 posts
Sugar bee

hermommyhisfiancee:  we’re having a wedding of about the same size (hoping it’s closer to 125 than 150). we have a bridal party of 10 – 5 BMs (including MOH) and 5 Groomsmen (inlcuding BM). No Flower Girl or Round Brilliant – though my dog will be playing both roles (if she lives long enough…she’s an old woman ): ) so I guess you could call it a bridal party of 11!

i think the per every 50 guest rule is not strict, but i do think there’s an important sentiment here. you don’t want you guests to feel like there’s the “bridal party” half of the reception and the “just guest” half of the reception. i think that’s the real reasoning behind the rule…to try to keep the bridal party balanced against the guests in general so it doesn’t feel like you’ve created two classes of people at the wedding.

The topic ‘150 Guest Wedding – Bridal Party’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors