(Closed) $150 to spend on gift for you- what do you ask for?

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My husband got me rose gold studs for our first anniversary. Other things I would like are: tickets to a show or concert, a piece of art, a nice bible, maybe a Christmas ornament.

Post # 4
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

1st Anniversary is paper so tickets to a concert are a great idea.

Post # 5
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Sunglasses definitely come to mind.  I love designer shades.  I’ve also been wanting a great statement necklace.  A massage would also be great!

Post # 6
9190 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

A lot of Etsy stores have good return policies.  I bet you could find something you love from a shop that lets you return it if it’s not perfect.

Post # 7
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Kind of random, but I really want a clarisonic! lol

I think I might like something more sentimental & lasting, like jewelry, though. I would totally ask for an etsy ring…as another PP mentioned, many have great return policies. Just read the seller’s reviews!

Post # 8
72 posts
Worker bee

I know you said you were nervous about Etsy, but I’ve seen so much beautiful jewelry on there.  Maybe find some other piece of jewelry you know you would wear, regardless of perfection? 

There’s plenty of cute stuff (my fav seller is Karen Yost of Anomaly Jewelry:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnomalyJewelry  Her stuff is not for everyone, but SO CUTE, and very well made.  She often has discounts on her Facebook page, too.)  I have her Standing Fawn necklace:

Otherwise, I vote for an experience – like babymakes3 suggested.  Maybe a concert?  Or a day out at an awesome museum if you have one within comfortable driving distance?

Post # 10
5788 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’d keep looking for a rose gold band in your price range, sunglasses just don’t seem very special. Darling Husband bought me some rose gold charms from helen ficalora but I think one runs $125…

I like the ticket idea as well, I bought Darling Husband tickets to see Bruce Springstein (this Friday!)

Post # 12
1438 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would say a necklace. I would save the band for the 5 year. 

Post # 15
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d probably ask for a diamond or gemstone pendant necklace. Or, I’d ask him to go to the outlets and get me a new Coach purse.

Post # 16
3374 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

For $150 I would ask for artwork. I think it’s something that can last a lifetime and it could technically qualify as a “paper” gift? We were really adamant about sticking to the paper gift theme.

The topic ‘$150 to spend on gift for you- what do you ask for?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors