(Closed) $1,500 Ring Budget

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2134 posts
Buzzing bee

I would go try them on first before you make a final decision. 

Post # 4
863 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
futuremrsmejame:  I would try SAMs club and costco, and like a PP said, try them on first.

Post # 6
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Sams and Costco for sure. That’s what our original budget was before we decided on moissanite for a bigger, nicer stone for half the price. It’s not for everyone, but it’s worth looking into.

Also, most of the stores you mentioned have the same supplier, so you’ll find very, very similar designs with similar quality stones for vastly different prices due to marketing and overhead costs. (Like Kay and Jared are owned under the same umbrella company, Zales and Gordon’s, etc.)

Post # 7
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
futuremrsmejame:  are you willing to buy used? Etsy has lots of “vintage”princess quads in the sizes your looking at for a bit less.  So you could even go bigger :). 

Post # 8
87 posts
Worker bee

I would not go to zales. Try to see if you can find a smaller jeweler. Their prices will be better and you’ll get a better quality ring and more bang for your buck. My fiancé and I did so, and bought a loose stone and the band to have it set in. We checked out a zales while we waited for the stone to be set, and compared the price. For the money we spent, if we had gone to zale, we’d have gotten a poor quality ring. By going to a smaller store, we got a great quality certified stone, plus a great warranty and a jeweler in store most of the week to fix any problems. 

Post # 9
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I love to look for jewlery so I was just playing around in your price point for a princess cut in white gold with channel set stones…. I hope this helps!

Here is a link to a 2.5 TCW ring on etsy for $1,599 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/241100799/art-deco-inspired-10k-white-gold-250ctw?ref=favs_view_2

A 14K with .50 center stone $1,199

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215930271/princess-diamond-solitaire-with-accents?ref=favs_view_3

$1,800 obo for this with a .97 center stone from diamondbistro.com

http://diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/43609/Princess-Diamond-Ring-Water-Under-Bridge-Theme.html

1.2 TCW with .45 center if you would like some color $600

http://diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/43585/045CT-Solitaire-DiamondsSapphires-Ring-12CTW.html

Post # 10
20 posts
Newbee

You must!!! Check out Blue Nile!!! I swear by them I personally would stay away from places like zales and Jared. Their quality is not all that great and they are overpriced. You can get a pretty good deal thru blue Nile by buying online and all of their rings are GIA certified which is not always the case with zales. (My first ERing was from them and we returned) 

good luck!!!

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2015

I prefer James Allen as you can see exactly what diamond you are getting. Does it need to be channel set? what about paved? There is a setting on JA SKU:17158W14 that is not bad and you can find a princess cut to go with it that is under your budget. Great customer service at JA and you get more for your money there than you would at a brick an mortar store. Happy hunting.

Post # 12
812 posts
Busy bee

How do you feel about a ring with a past? I’d check consignment stores or sites like this:

Www.exboyfriendjewelry.com

I found a set for $1600 in white gold, style you are looking for with 2.3ctw.

also found a 1.25ct princess solitaire with papers for $800

Post # 13
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
futuremrsmejame:  IMO, I don’t think Zales diamonds, especially invisible settings aren’t well structured.  Because of their lighting, all of their diamonds appears to have a lot of sparkle. Unless they are willing to give you a warranty for repairs & maintenance; don’t do it. 

Post # 14
435 posts
Helper bee

I’d also suggest James Allen. Other good one would have been Brian Gavin Diamonds but I didn’t find anything nice to fit in the budget.

But this is from James Allen, costs 660usd for the setting, which leaves room to use 900usd for about a 0.4-0.5ct well cut center stone, and it will be a quality setting and the diamond will look better than the diamonds found at chain stores. You can ask help for choosing the stone at Pricescope.com.

The topic ‘$1,500 Ring Budget’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors