(Closed) “16 and pregnant”

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1566 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve watched it at the gym a few times…my main problem with the show is portraying primarily teenage moms who are doing more or less ok (father stays with them, family supportive, can afford to raise the kid), which makes it seem ok to have kids that early. So it’s a bit of a one sided perspective for teenage girls IMHO; I would hate a positive portrayal of young teenage moms to result in more teenage pregnancies.

Post # 4
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m watching it too. i’ve seen it before. i LOVE kids and cant wait to have them but i cannot imagine being 16 with a baby!  especially if the father wasnt around. in a way, i feel bad for these girls, its such a young age to be a mother abd must be so hard but in reality, they brought it on themselves. i do love the show though! its addicting

Post # 5
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I don’t think those kids are ok.  Some of them are, like Farrah, who totally mooches off her parents.  But that one girl who was dating that Gary guy is just messed up.  Farrah is immature too and needs to grow up.  Some people need to get their act together.  I feel so bad for the babies.  They can’t help which family they are born in to.  Some of them are going to have terrible childhoods.

Post # 6
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve seen it, it’s kind of shocking. Although they have featured a few with an estranged baby-daddy I don’t think they’re nearly portraying it in the correct percentages.

Post # 7
650 posts
Busy bee

ya totally agree about feeling bad for the babies. at that age, most kids arent responsible enough to have a baby and think its fine to ditch the baby on everyone. kids shouldnt be having kids!!

ooo and whats up with all these older guys getting these 16 year olds pregnant?

Post # 8
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i definately agree that the show is addicting. i haven’t seen the new season, but from the old season there was like, one girl that i thought actually had any maturity after having a child.

Post # 9
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ve seen it, and it just makes me so sad. I can’t imagine being 16 and pregnant. That Gary guy was one of the worst!

Post # 10
3252 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I hate that they made a show about this. Like the teen pregnancy rate isn’t already thru the roof without them thinking if I get pregnant at this age, I might get to be on a show. This is the last thing young, tender minds need to be viewing.

Post # 12
650 posts
Busy bee

i reallyl iked catelynn and her boyfriend who gave their baby up for adoption. to me they were the most responsible couple. they realized that tehy wanted to give their child a better lofe then they can provide. they didnt want their baby to grow up in teh enviroment that they did. i really respect them for that. they put their child before themselves, i cant imagine how hard that must of been to give their baby up, but they did it for her. plus they were just really a cute couple together, who really seemed to have something special.

Post # 13
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I feel like it glorifies teen pregnancy. Teenage girls are unstable on the best of days & I totally fear that this show makes them think pregnancy at such a young age is a good idea! They only show a little bit of struggle… I don’t feel like its a true representation of what these young girls go through! 

The most inspirational story IMO is the young girl who gave up her child for adoption. However… now the 2 are engaged & they’re like 17. Sigh.

Post # 14
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@stargal, I totally agree. They showed more maturity and class than most adults. I was very impressed.

Post # 15
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m SOOOO addicted to this show and watching it right now.  I really hope teens are watching and learning from this show…

Post # 16
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My fiance and I watched it the last 2 seasons and just watched the season premier tonight. We really enjoyed watching Caitlynn and her boyfriend…they were great together and I thought their decision was so selfless and great. They seem to act the most mature and really have a good head on their shoulders even though it seems as though they both come from broken homes.

The topic ‘“16 and pregnant”’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors