(Closed) 16 days late, done 4 tests and all show negative……… so am I just late?

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

16 days late is too late to not get a positive. Is it possible you didn’t ovulate this cycle? 

Post # 4
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
gpiglet :  I actually never had a positive urine test. The doctor did a blood test on me. I was already 3 months pregnant and urine test was still negative. Don’t get your hopes up just wait till you get the blood results. Good luck!

Post # 5
2020 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

How do you know you ovulated July 15? Are you temping to confirm O? If not there is no way to confirm that you ovulated and therefore unable to say that you are truly 16 days late. I would say 99.9% that you are not pregnant if you have had multiple bfn being this late but you may be that small percent of people that don’t get bfp on home tests but that is very rare. I would say more likely you’re having an annovulatory cycle. 

Post # 7
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

If you’re 16 days past the expected day of your period a urine pregnancy test should show a blazing positive if you’re pregnant. See your GP, if you aren’t pregnant there’s a few other blood tests they should run to check there’s not another problem. Good luck! 

Post # 8
4454 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

You aren’t 16 days late if you’re basing it off an app. The most likely scenario is the app is wrong since it goes by averages. You probably ovulated late, or not at all.

Post # 9
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I don’t have the background or research that many of these ladies do, but I have seen comments on other sites and discussions that for some women, the urine tests still show negative for even 4-5 weeks past ovulation. So I’d think you’d have a positive by now-but I agree that try to just wait for the blood test. 

If you’re pregnant, you will still be on Wednesday. If you’re not-you’re just not this time. 

fwiw- I use an app too and it’s been quite reliable for me in terms of AF so even if you aren’t pregnant it sounds like a good idea to check in with a doctor anyway since you are so regular. Crossing my fingers for you!!

Post # 10
337 posts
Helper bee

Another vote for an annovulatory cycle. 

Post # 11
2020 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
gpiglet :  yeah those apps mean nothing unless you enter data like cm, OpK and temps. There is no possible it can tell you when you O based off average cycle length info – it can guess the average time but it’s not to be relied upon. So again, you can’t say that you’re period is late without knowing when you ovulated and you can’t know when you ovulated without temping/having a blood test showing ovulation. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Post # 12
1012 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 1984

The symptoms you are describing (heartburn and shortness of breath) don’t happen until the last trimester when the size of the baby pushes on the diaphragm.

Post # 13
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I wouldn’t trust the app too much.  For a few months I had a 40+ day cycle and the app just assumed I’ve ovulated late.  I recorded my symptoms as accurately as I could but most apps were designed to assume the typical case scenario. After going to the fertility clinic I learnt I wasn’t ovulating.

I don’t want to be a downer, nor optimistic.  That’s just based on my experience.  I tried for 1 year and 7 months and I understand the waiting game is painfully long until you either find out you are / aren’t.  I hope you will receive positive news on Wednesday.

Post # 14
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Following

Post # 15
2403 posts
Buzzing bee

It sounds like you’re not late, but simply didn’t ovulate when you think you did. Let us know what the blood test says, when you have it done.

The topic ‘16 days late, done 4 tests and all show negative……… so am I just late?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors