16 days left. 194 still hasn't RSVP'd

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Is this real? It has to be a typo…… 194 havent repsonded? Thats madness! I would be pretty upset, good luck with gettnig final nmumbers, what about the caterer and stuff dont they require final numbers already?

Post # 4
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Ahhh I’d be pissed! That’s so rude… of a LOT of people!

Post # 5
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

OP: Is that a typo? Because that’s *a lot* of people! Good luck with getting the RSVPs!!

Post # 6
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@mrsjjohnson2b:  

I have an online rsvp and yes it appears that it is brain surgery to click a few times and say you’re coming to a person’s wedding. I had to badger people as well.

I would get the list of names of people who have booked rooms under your room block and start filling out the seatng chart/place cards based on that. 194 is quite a lot though, my sympathies…

Post # 7
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wow I am so sorry. That is horrible.

Post # 8
1043 posts
Bumble bee

How strange to book your hotel room but not send back the RSVP card?!  Yikes!

Sending you good thoughts that people hurry up…

Post # 9
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You and your fiance had better get on the phone with a lot of folks! Good luck!

Post # 11
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That’s alot of people to not send RSVP’s back.  Are you planning to start calling people soon?  If there are that many outstanding, I would do it myself, not give it to the usherette to do.

Post # 12
511 posts
Busy bee

@mrsjjohnson2b:  When do you need to have final numbers?  Whenever it is, 2 weeks before the wedding date, start planning based on who has rsvp’d and who has a hotel room.  Have notes sent to the remaining people stating “As we didn’t receive an RSVP, we just wanted to let you know that we’ll miss sharing our special day with you.”

Post # 13
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wow, that’s a lot of people! I literally had to call and e-mail those who didn’t RSVP. I hate how rude people can be when it comes to lack of care in RSVPing. Everyone knows damn well that we need head counts for food and seating.

Start blowing up peoples phones and e-mails! Just be sure to say, “I really hate to bother you but…”. I got A LOT of responses by doing that.

Good luck!

Post # 14
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’m seriously stretching my venue as far as it can stretch. Imagine Rosie O’Donnel in Spandex – I mean REALLLY stretching.  My thought is, If you didn’t RSVP, you don’t have a seat. 

Maybe it sounds mean, but I respected you (guests) enough to invite you, I would expect they respected me enough to at least give me a heads up on if they’re coming.

I feel for you girl.  Get on that phone NOW and figure that out.  Sheesh.  Some people must be dense.

Post # 15
488 posts
Helper bee

And I was mad that 20ish people haven’t RSVP’ed yet. Wow! Haha I have an online RSVP and I learned that people cannot click a button and they cannot pick up a phone! 

Post # 15
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Probably half of our guests didn’t bother to RSVP, even people who clearly knew better and had thrown weddings before. Some had nonsensical excuses (“we were waiting until we sent the gift”) and some just couldn’t be bothered to respond, apparently. Definitely the most irritating part of the whole process. Start calling people now!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors