16 dpiui – BFN but no AF!

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
8175 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

every iui i had, i also took progesterone.  once i got a negative beta, they told me i could stop progesterone and AF would come 2 days later.  i did 2 clomid IUI and 1 injectibles iui beofe moving to ivf. i also had short cyles (25 days)

good luck.

Post # 4
2976 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Have you tried a FRER? Not to get your hopes up, but when I was pregnant with my son I had a squinter on an internet cheapie, and my beta that day was 259.

Post # 5
3088 posts
Sugar bee

MsYankee :  That happened to me with my first IUI. Something went wrong with either the eggs not maturing or the trigger shot failing. Did they check progesterone at 7 dpiui to confirm ovulation? I did end up having to take meds to start AF, but got my BFP on the second try with different meds and a different trigger shot! Fingers crossed the tests were just crappy and you get a BFP with your beta!

Post # 7
3088 posts
Sugar bee

MsYankee :  I never had an issue ovulating on my own either. It was a freak thing caused by the IUI meds. I had a suspicion they may have triggered me too early, and that’s why, but without checking progesterone to make sure everything worked, its hard to know what’s happening with your cycle. I had three follicles as well. If I were in your shoes, I would request that they check progesterone and even do an ultrasound the day of the IUI to confirm ovulation if the cheapies are accurate. Hopefully they’re not!

Post # 9
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Did you take Clomid? My doctor said that was what made me late on my first two medicated IUI cycles with BFNs — he said it doesn’t always happen but that it can. Good luck either this cycle or next, bee!

Post # 10
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I had something similar happen. I went about 1.5 months with no period. Turns out I ended up with a cyst which was making things wonky.

Post # 12
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

MsYankee :  I think my RE had me do birth control and lupron injections.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors