(Closed) 16 month old attachment issues- Need help

posted 5 years ago in Parenting
Post # 3
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it’s the age.  My neice did this, but grew out of it. 

Post # 4
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

what about leaving him in a day care for a few hours alone? He can play with other kids and learn from them to be more independent of you. Also would give you a few hours to relax a bit.

My nephew was very close to his mother, in some ways as you described and after the day care he is much more independent (also he grew a bit). 

Post # 5
895 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Has he always been like this or did he get like this once you got pregnant? I don’t know if it’s a cultural thing or what but I’m hispanic and we all think that kids get more clingy once a mom gets pregnant. I’m 17wks with baby #2 and have a 25mo old Dirty Delete. She’s been pretty independent but she has her days where she is so clingy and it drives me nuts. She’s tons worse with Darling Husband though. Hopefully things turn around for you!

Post # 7
1189 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

My 13 month old is like that too. I think it’s partially the age, partially being an only child so far, and partially that I stay home with her. I had a big project recently that demanded daytime hours I usually spend with her, and so I hired a nanny to come a few days a week. At first she really freaked out and resisted being with anyone but me, but she’s slowly gotten used to it and is now happy to see her sitter. I think the advice about getting your LO around other people and sometimes not with you, although hard, is good.

The topic ‘16 month old attachment issues- Need help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors