(Closed) 16 week check up???

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My 16 week appointment was just a normal appointment.  They did blood pressure, weight, urine sample, baby’s heartbeat, and asked if I had questions (no ultrasound).  I went for an elective ultrasound somewhere else at 16 weeks and found out the gender though. 

Post # 4
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I had the same experience as mandb122 and also went for an elective ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out the gender.  My doctor is doing the 20 week ultrasound next Monday, and we’re excited to see our little girl again!  

Post # 5
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@WinterWhite2012:  It is really exciting to see the baby again and for my husband, he was looking forward to a second confirmation that she was a girl and we didn’t have to return anything we’d bought. 

Post # 6
2603 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yeah–hate to say it, but the 16 week appt. was pretty boring for me. I DID get to listen to the baby’s heartbeat, which is fun, but otherwise, it was mostly pee in a cup, get weighed, get blood pressured extravaganza.

20 weeks is generally when they do the anatomy ultrasound and you can get the baby’s gender (if s/he’s cooperating! Sometimes they turn the other way or move around too much and you’ll have to wait!)

Post # 7
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@mandb122:  Yes, we’re looking forward to the girl confirmation too!!  🙂  Are you going to do another elective later in your pregnancy?  We’re seriously considering a 4D at 34 weeks.  Love seeing our little lady!

Post # 8
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@WinterWhite2012:  We did an elective 3d/4d ultrasound yesterday at 32 weeks 1 day.  She’s bigger than normal already and we couldn’t get a good picture of her since she wanted to face my side with her head in my pelvis.  I’d recommend going in earlier, maybe around 28 weeks when she’ll have more space to move around. 

The topic ‘16 week check up???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors