2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I believe 3 lines mean girl 

Post # 5
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

The sonographer is an expert; it’s what she does for a living. you should trust her and stop comparing to old ultrasounds. Congrats on a baby boy! 

Post # 6
106 posts
Blushing bee

I echo PP; it’s what she does Monday to Friday, every day all day. I’d trust her! 🙂

Post # 7
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

So i used to be a big babycenter reader/poster and loooved the ultrasound forum. I used paint to define the ultrasound pics. Hope this helps. 

Post # 8
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

hajdu:  Our 16 week ultrasound determined boy, but we found out she is actually a girl at 19 weeks. I’m high risk, so several ultrasounds have confirmed it since then. 

Ever since then, I have been flooded with “It happened to me/my sister/cousin” stories. Even though it’s 2016, it still happens quite a lot. Keep receipts 😉

Post # 9
7434 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think 16 weeks is too early to know for sure. I wouldn’t go buying boy clothes just yet!

Post # 11
1492 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

In my techs word…. It’s the hamburger vs the hotdog. Those def look like the right sex.

Post # 12
1579 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

happyhealthy87:  I personally wouldn’t go out a buy a ton of boy clothes right now if you don’t feel 100% certain!! My best friend (I know, eye roll) was told by the tech that she was “pretty positive it’s a girl” at her 16 week ultrasound but my friend waited to buy stuff because she just knew it was a boy. Well, surprise, surprise, 20 week ultrasound came by and he was confirmed a boy. 

Our 16 week ultrasound had a legit potty shot and it was straight up boy. I can barely make out anything on 99.9% of ultrasound pics (including yours) and even I knew it was a boy when they were doing ours. 

They’ll confirm again at the 20 week ultrasound – ours did at least. 

Congrats either way!!

Post # 15
3475 posts
Sugar bee

I was told girl and had a boy at delivery, although my husband and I had doubts the whole time. I basically would never trust an ultrasound alone, and was happy the only things we had to swap out were clothes. With that said, your ultrasound does look like a boy to me!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors