(Closed) 16 week gender ultrasound confusion

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 16
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I can see a pretty clear difference between your daughter’s US and your sons. I definitly think it’s a boy. 

Post # 17
276 posts
Helper bee

Turtle = boy. I def see a turtle. I don’t think your daughters pics are that great personally. The boy is obvious. Congrats!

Post # 20
3531 posts
Sugar bee

happyhealthy87:  They checked twice. Once at 19 weeks, and again at 23 weeks. I was told girl at both, but the second ultrasound was done by my OB who isn’t trained to do that sort of thing and she had a bit of an attitude like “of course its a girl”, even though the tech was the one who told us at 19 weeks to have it re-checked…it wasn’t because we were just randomly crazy. It was definitely a unique scenario I think, but I was very happy we did a gender neutral nursery and all the big toys we purchased to match our decor instead of pink or blue! Yours seems very obviously a boy to me though…and my babe has lines on his ultrasound too! 

Post # 21
1326 posts
Bumble bee

Had my 20-week Ultrasound yesterday and the tech didn’t even have to say what the gender was, she just said “and you wanted to know the gender… ” and everyone giggled. Big pair of balls right there on the screen. No question about it. XD

I’d wait for 20 weeks before buying anything, though i think boy stuff is often suitable for both genders… It’s just the pink dresses I’d be uncomfortable dressing my son up in. 😀

Post # 22
1149 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Ontario, Canada

truthah:  Ha ha! We had a similar thing happen. It was a teaching hospital so a student was checking the baby first and all of the sudden a potty shot with a very clear picture of a pee pee and balls came up and she was so embarressed and moved it AWAY quickly. The tech just told her “it’s ok, they want to know” and then turned to us and said “so what do you recon it is” and we said “boy” and she said “yes, no doubt there, it’s a boy” lol.

OP – congrats! Boys are the best! (but I am biast as I only have one ;-))

The topic ‘16 week gender ultrasound confusion’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors