(Closed) 16 weeks! Killer Headaches!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1423 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I got a few really horrible ones in the beginning of my second trimester.  I found that taking Tylenol at the first sign of them usually nipped them in the bud.  If I let them get bad they were terrible and nothing would help.  I figured I was better off taking a little Tylenol and being able to work and sleep than to be in pain and be sleep deprived.  

Post # 3
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Please make sure your blood pressure isn’t elevated, and mention it to a health professional. 

Post # 4
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

mom2b2016:  Tylenol is ok to take throughout your pregnancy, you’re fine to take it, you can double check with your dr but that’s always the pain reliever that dr’s say is safest. My dr allowed Ibuprofen in the first and second trimester also, but now that I’m in the third she only recommends Tylenol.

Post # 5
3729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: City, State

mom2b2016:  A coke. My sister in law who is 16 weeks does the same thing. It is the only thing that (slightly) helps.

Post # 6
Hostess
3159 posts
Sugar bee

I get migraines, and they increased significantly around 16 weeks.  I’m at 22 weeks now, and they have tapered off a lot. 

As far as what you can take, tylenol is fine – no ibuprofen.  You could also check with your doctor about fioricet.

Post # 8
7430 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

Tylenol and diet coke. Not necessarily together.

Post # 10
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

mom2b2016:  I would wake up with really bad headaches every morning up until my 3rd trimester.  I would drink a glass of juice, and it seemed to do the trick every time.  I learned at my glucose screening that I am very low on the charts, meaning I am blowing thru my sugar rather than the alternative, which makes those headaches going away with a glass of juice make perfect sense!!!  

Post # 12
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I got these also. I also didn’t want to take any medication during pregnancy so I tried other stuff. Diet coke would help, making my husband give me a neck massage, or taking a quick nap. The good news was that I only got them regularly for about two weeks. Hope yours go away soon too!

Post # 13
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I got really bad headaches in my second trimester too. I took tension headache relief tablets with acetaminophen and caffeine.

Post # 14
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I was getting headaches every day and then when I mentioned into my OB, she told me to start having a cup of caffeine a day… Helped tremendously! 

Post # 15
8918 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

mom2b2016:  It’s not possible to become dependent on Tylenol. I say that as someone who’s very paranoid about medication due to having a family full of addicts. If your doctor says it’s safe to take, don’t be afraid to take it. I had terrible headaches throughout both my pregnancies and took Tylenol on my doctor’s recommendation. Just don’t exceed the recommended dosage. When your baby is born and has a fever, if the doctor says to give Tylenol, you probably will, right? So it’s no different now. Best wishes!

The topic ‘16 weeks! Killer Headaches!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors