(Closed) 16 weeks! Killer Headaches!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Watch your water intake too! I’ll be 17 weeks on Thursday and since it’s boiling hot here, I’ve noticed a lot more dehydration headaches. Some days I can drink water non-stop and still not feel great, so I usually have a small gatorade. I’m really not a fan of dye and sugar water but it makes me feel better really quickly.

Post # 17
3697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Tylenol is 100% safe during pregnancy.  I took a lot – I’ve always had migraines.  Caffeine and Tylenol usually worked.  Your OB might tell you that another NSAID is ok, too.  Mine recommended Benadryl, caffiene, tylenol, and a nap.  

Post # 18
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Go ahead and take a Tylenol, a small amount here or there is totally okay.  My Dr recommended taking it with a bit of caffeine, if the Tylenol alone wasn’t enough.  Also keep up with your water intake; pregnant ladies need more water than normal to begin with, and add in the summer heat and you should really be drinking a lot!

I’m 24 weeks now, but weeks 14-20ish I’d get a headache as soon as I woke up in the morning, almost every day.  One Tylenol, about half a bottle of diet coke (bottle has about 37mg of caffeine, you can have up to 200 a day just fine), and a big glass of water between each meal usually kept it at bay for the rest of the day.

The topic ‘16 weeks! Killer Headaches!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors