(Closed) 16 weeks tomorrow and worried about pre-eclampsia

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Pre-eclampsia can technically happen any time during pregnancy but you don’t generally see it until the third trimester.  I had high blood pressure before I became pregnant so my doctor had me get a home blood pressure kit and I log it every morning and night.  I wouldn’t necessarily worry about less urine output if everything else is fine.  I have noticed that with the cold weather, I too am peeing a bit less but I’m attributing that to the decrease in the humidity and my body holding on to the extra fluid to stay hydrated, even though I drink a ton.

I would definitely mention it at your next appointment but it doesn’t sound like it’s anything to get too worked up about.

Post # 3
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
leighleigh88 :  I had pre-e bit not til the last two weeks of my pregnancy. We were moving house, and I guess it all got to me and my swelling wouldnt go down. When I had my week-before appt, they sent me off to be induced because they couldn’t get my blood pressure down under 118.

Post # 4
2020 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Doubtful. Go to a Walgreens or something and check your bP.

Post # 5
2167 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I had pre-eclampsia, very mild. 16 weeks would be super early for it, they can test you for it but unless you show protein in your urine and high Bridal Party, they won’t worry much right now. If you’re concerned keep an eye on your blood pressure between appointments. Mine started to elevate at 24 weeks. 

Post # 6
7129 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

Have you been drinking enough water? Are you feeling okay otherwise? I’d mention it to the doctor but try to keep the google searches to a minimum. There’s way too much out there to scare you.

Post # 7
1451 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
leighleigh88 :  i know I’m going to be pre disposed to this because I have high blood pressure pre pregnancy.  My OB has told me it normally doesn’t present itself until the 3rd trimester and blood pressure usually goes down in the second trimester 

The topic ‘16 weeks tomorrow and worried about pre-eclampsia’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors