(Closed) 16 x 20 portrait

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I can probably find you a picture of a frame in my apartment that is 16×20… I have several frames of this size (not with wedding photos in them unfortunately since my wedding is still coming up!)

What I would recommend to you is to do an 11×14 print and mat it or have it matted to 16×20 so that it will fit in the frame.  11×14 is the standard size to go in a 16×20 mat.  I love the way art and photos look when matted… it really sets the image off and gives a little barrier between the frame and the photo, making both the frame and photo stand out more than if they were on top of each other.  I’ll try to find an example and post it later.

Post # 6
484 posts
Helper bee

@star_dust:  I don’t know how you could leave it clear… since you’d have to leave the backing off, otherwise it would just look like cardboard (or whatever the back of the frame is made of). I don’t know how you would attach the photo either, since you can’t just paste it onto the glass. I have seen frames that were designed to be clear like this but I’ve never used one, I’d imagine that they are specially made to hold the photo that way. 

You can get all kinds of different mat colors! Michaels should have some pre-cut to the standard size or you can have them do a custom one (this can be a bit pricy but luckily you don’t have to pay for the frame). They will probably do the actual framing for you too if you bring in the print. 

Post # 7
3141 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think this is a 16×20 frame with an 11×14 mat ? It’s a family picture but will soon be filled with a wedding one

Post # 8
3141 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Here is a 16×20 frame with an 11x 16 wedding pic, not in frame, looks like I ordered wrong size ??

Post # 9
484 posts
Helper bee

@nativedesires:  Yes, 11×14 is the standard for a 16×20 frame. You can still use that print, when it is behind the mat in the frame a couple inches on either the top and bottom just won’t show. 

The topic ‘16 x 20 portrait’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors