(Closed) $160,000 for a wedding?!?!?!?! FOUR WEDDINGS anyone?!

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I saw it to, awful and she did not seem to ever smile.

Post # 4
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

WHAT!?!? 

Which episode??

Post # 5
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

My wedding is going to be close to that depending on what you count (rings and honeymoon will put us at that amount)… but I don’t have a crazy theme, performers, or any of that kind of stuff…

ETA: 

I think my point, which didn’t come through is that it’s not about how much she spent it’s about the fact that it was kind of tacky and yea, she was bitter. I just wish things didn’t come down to criticizing how much people pay… if they can or you can or I can and it’s not going to affect us (my parents are paying, and no they won’t just give us the cash) then stop criticizing, it’s not nice.

Post # 7
443 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrsk18:  Venues in my area, especially right downtown with a view are expensive so that’s about 50% of it. Dress is 5K with alterations, planner is another 10K, flowers are 8-9K, invites are 3K…it all adds up!

EDIT: The venue includes food, cake, etc (it’s a food minimum amount). It also includes some linens and such but we’re renting linens and chairs aside from those provided.

Post # 8
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m watching it right now! I’m glad she didn’t win, she was AWFUL! So rude!!

Post # 9
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

i can’t believe it! i’ll have to google the episode ;P

Post # 11
1391 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Omg I know!  What a mess!! She was so nasty too!

Post # 12
1366 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@futuremrsk18:  Yes, I just saw it. I’m glad the girl that was pregnant won, her and lady with the outdoor wedding seemed to be the most down-to-earth. The lady with 160,000 wedding acted like a b*tch.

Post # 14
443 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrsk18:  I think a lot of the folks on these shows aren’t in it for the prize but rather for the “fame”. I’m in DC.

Post # 15
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Wow I just saw it and I couldn’t believe it. I was shocked when i heard her say that?? Seriously $160,000 and you can’t afford a honeymoon???

Post # 16
1366 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@futuremrsk18:  My fiancee’ said the same thing, lol. He said why are they in a competition to win a honeymoon or vacation when they spent so much on their wedding? Shouldn’t someone who couldn’t afford a honeymoon be in the competition, lol.

The topic ‘$160,000 for a wedding?!?!?!?! FOUR WEDDINGS anyone?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors