(Closed) $160,000 for a wedding?!?!?!?! FOUR WEDDINGS anyone?!

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 47
34 posts
Newbee

I watch the show but it’s cringeworthy so often for me because some of the brides are so rude and catty about others weddings. They made snarky comments about cultural or religious aspects or totally devalue what’s important to the actual couple getting married because they don’t like their centerpieces or whatever. People have different visions and priorities and I feel so bad when the weddings get trash talked. Weddings are so individual.

Post # 48
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

If you are spending that much on a wedding why do you need to win a honeymoon?? just to show off?? 

Post # 49
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@classyashley:  We were big budget, too.  I think a lot of people forget that those weddings are typically much larger (as in guests) as well.  Can I ask how many you’re inviting?

ETA:  Also, thanks everyone for being nice about the bigger budgets!  These threads usually get really mean!  

Post # 50
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Watched this after work last night, and the 160k wedding i wasnt in love with at all, and when the other chick won, I couldnt believe the face the 160k girl made she is a poor sport, and I agree with everyone else 1st if you have 160k to spend on a wedding why do you need a free honeymoon and 2nd there is plenty more the 160k could be spent on. Yes a wedding is one of the most important days of a womans life but I think 160k is insane and I didnt see where it all went to.

Post # 51
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The episode is now available on TLCs website for free in case anyone is interested

Post # 52
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@FutureArmyWife12:  I don’t think she was looking for the free honeymoon in this case. I think the bride wanted to be on tv and show off her wedding. 

Also, if she’s spending $160k on the wedding I’m sure they’re not scraping by and have money to put towards the other areas in their lives.

im with classyashley on this one – our wedding is also in the 6 digits. wedding budgets are 1. Relative and 2. Indivualized. If the couple is spending within their means then I don’t see any difference between a bride that chooses to spend $10k or $100k. 

Post # 53
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@mstellah:  I understand what you are saying, Im just curious why she was so angry about not winning the honeymoon then if she could afford it.  It is what it is each persons wedding is there own, my wedding is the one thats gonna be max 10k, and no honeymoon til my Fiance gets back from deployment

Post # 54
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Sad part is none of you were there and have no idea what you are talking about. They did an extremely poor job of editing my wedding first and foremost you did not see half of went on. Second I smiled alot during my own wedding. Third the other brides were nasty the entire time and nasty with one another. They also cheated and exchanged cell numbers which in the rules is not allowed. NONE OF YOU don’t have any idea who I am and how awesome my wedding was I would love to see how fantastic some of your weddings turn out. Don’t bash someone you don’t know. You all need to grow up!!!!

Post # 55
1974 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 1998

@The Pumpkin Queen:  I haven’t watched the show but would love to see some pictures from your wedding. Don’t worry what other people might say because you know what really happened:))) 

Post # 56
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@The Pumpkin Queen:  I just saw this episode… it was on last night or the night before? I thought your wedding was amazing! Definitely unique and full of character! 

Post # 57
628 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@The Pumpkin Queen:  I am not familiar with this show or the episode in question, but my understanding is that agreeing to appear on these shows or putting this sort if information out there opens one up to a broad range of comments, good and bad.

The topic ‘$160,000 for a wedding?!?!?!?! FOUR WEDDINGS anyone?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors