471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

LOL. Stamps, eh? It’s OK. They’re purdy. 😉

Post # 4
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

lol!!!  I just made a mock up of my invitations last night with the actual paper and kinda freaked out holding it in my hands . . .  I’m afraid a 41 cent stamp will definitely not be enough!

Post # 5
471 posts
Helper bee

Graciette2,

Since you already have a mockup, it is great to send it just to see how well it holds up in the mail. Plus, it lets you gauge just how much you’ll need on postage so you can budget and help get over sticker shock. 🙂

Post # 6
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

haha, i’m planning on using 80# cover weight paper from papersource… just half of an 8.5×11 per invite, but i’m worried it’ll be too much for one stamp since it’s heavier paper… and last night i had a mental freakout at the thought of needing to double the stamps! ick. there are far more exciting things i’d like to spend money on than stamps!! so i think we’re hand delivering as many as possible… it’s relatives, they won’t mind, right??

Post # 7
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Thanks for the tip!  I think i’m just going to stay in denial and swipe with my credit card instead of thinking about what I CAN do with $168 or whatever mine turns out to be.

Post # 8
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

Funny – I felt the same way at the post office during Christmas.  I budget for Christmas presents – but not for Chrismas POSTAGE!!  I spent around $60 mailing packages!  May not seem like a lot – but that’s $60!!!

Post # 10
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

Ladies! Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!! You should take the invitation to get weighed with all inserts, etc in the envelope to the post office to get the weight and their price on mailing. Mine are 0.58 cents and I’m like ummmmmmmmmmm only the wedding hearts come in that??? Booooo… But that’s what I did to make sure that it works.

The worst thing would really be if I didn’t do that and they got returned with a huge ugly red stamp "INSUFFICIENT FUNDS" BOO!

Post # 11
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

I have no qualms against and do not make fun of people that use the wedding hearts because they are cute— I just dont think they work with our overall theme… So I found a cute stamp and am going to use those.

Post # 12
1061 posts
Bumble bee

babagrl, i completely agree. after calculating the cost of what stamps would cost at the post office, it turns out that getting custom stamps made at zazzle.com is really not that much more for 58 cent stamps. nothing against the hearts, but i’d love a few more options!

Post # 14
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Oh, I definitely feel you!!!  I just spend $100 on postage too!  Actually I probably need more but thought I would start off with $100 and see if I need more since my mom wanted to hand deliver some of the invitations personally to my relatives!  Yea for moms!!! 

My invitation w/all inserts are 2 oz exactly so just the outside is $0.58 and the RSVP needs the regular $0.41.  That’s $0.99 per invitation.  

Why can’t the post office have nicer looking postage?!?  My color is red but they have nothing that works w/red in $0.58 and I’m too cheap to pay extra on zazzle.  🙂    

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Mine are 2 oz plus square, so the invitation itself will be $0.75 to mail out. Add in the RSVP stamp and it’s over $1 a piece.

Post # 16
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I plan to have online RSVPs, is this wrong, anti-etiquette?  I don’t keep wedding invitations I get, why waste all the paper/postage?

The topic ‘$168 Try again….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors