(Closed) 17 DAYS away with out of control breakouts

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

oh dear…go to a dermatologist right away..you need to get on antibiotics and possibly they can give you some treatements to prevent/get rid of the scars- hug

Post # 4
Hostess
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree, only a dermatologist can perform miracles in this time frame!  That’s one reason I’m terrified of going off BC!

Post # 5
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I second the doctor suggestion.  Of course, I went yesterday for poison ivy.  It’s still spreading and the wedding is Saturday. Augghhhh

Post # 6
440 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Could it possibly be stress?
I agree though, I’d see a doctor,

Post # 8
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Derm PA here to say yes, an antibiotic will quiet things down the quickest and they’ll give you some topicals too; you should get in ASAP.

Post # 10
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Have you tried 10% benzoyl peroxide?

Post # 11
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Try an oatmeal bath to reduce the reddness and the swelling. It is really gross, but it will help. Also, try putting on some Aveeno ACTIIVE NATURALS Skin Relief MOISTURIZING LOTION with soothing oat essence. It has a blue label. I though that I was having a major breakout and it turned out to be dry skin. The Aveeno lotion really helped.

Post # 12
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

This might sound weird but must 3 step skin cares for acne work for the short time as i the first month of use before  your skin gets used to it or some other factor…mayb you should give those ago and have clearer skin on the day…

I have noticed these other things have helped me a lot:

cut raw potato and rub the wet fresh part of it all over the areas let is dry 5-10 min wash your face..

drink green tea..and splash over your face..helps reduce redness and clear your skin from the inside out

leave some overnight acne fighting product over it before going to bed.

try mud masks..or the famous aspirin mask

DO NOT PICK on your skin IT WILL make everything worst and it will not heal fast enough.

make sure to moisturize your skin to keep it from getting irritated…try honey mask here and there, and your regular moisurize.

use honey+sugar scrub 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin. 

i wish your ALL THE BEST try your best not to stress out ๐Ÿ™‚

xoxo

Post # 14
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@heleneberrycrunch: it really works. I got very sensitive skin and break out from thing such as hair removal this has been the ONLY thing that helped me get rid of those UGLY breakouts…works great on body acne too (never again will i wax my upper arm area)

To add to my other post try Tea Tree Oil it is better than chemicals such as Bridal Party and is gentle on the skin.

do not be too harsh..remember you can cover redness by dry flaky skin is almost impossible to cover up.

not sure if you got enough time for anything to ship to you but Mario Badescu ‘s Drying lotions and buffering lotion are known to act fast they have sulfur in them which is VERY effective with acne…from what i heard they have a set available at Ulta so give that a try first ๐Ÿ™‚

also DO NOT FORGET to drink LOADS of water..my skin has improved almost 100% since i have committed to drinking as much water as i can ๐Ÿ™‚

good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

How about a good exfoliation? Maybe get a facial and let them make some recommendations. I’ve been breaking out a lot on my forehead lately and it’s getting a little better with careful attention but luckily I have bangs.

The topic ‘17 DAYS away with out of control breakouts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors