Post # 1
I don’t know why, but this weekend, the fact that our wedding was in 20ish days hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s just us planning (no bridal party, and family isn’t helping), but I feel like it’s just me in it, coordinating everything, even though Fiance has really been helping wherever I ask.
- I’m stressed about family dynamics. Our families don’t seem to realize that this one day, is all about us, celebrating our love for each other, and joining ourselves together.
- I’m stressed about getting it all set up in time. It feels like our venue just doesn’t give us enough time!
- I’m stressed about losing enough weight for my dress. It zips, and I can breathe, but I worry that I look huge in it. Eating 1200 calories a day is forcing me to lose weight, but also SO hard when I’m this stressed.
- My work load is insane right now. It’s always been crazy, but trying to prepare for being out for a week and half, it’s just not going well. I feel like I’m drowning in a mountain of work, and at the end of the day, I feel too drained to take responsibility for much housekeeping chores. As a result, my house is a disaster. I’m stressed out like crazy from that, and I’m just not getting enough sleep at night.
- I feel guilty that my stress level is causing me to be a not so nice person to my Fiance. I’m very short with him, and get upset easily. This is the man I want to marry! Why can’t I stop acting so horribly??
Thank you Bees, for letting me get it all out there. I think I may need to take some “me” time, with neither work nor our wedding in the way.
Post # 3
Breathe. Most of us have been there – I certainly was in a very similar place a few weeks before my wedding. Remember that sleep and “you” time is more important than housekeeping and dieting. The wedding will go well and you will look beautiful. I know it’s hard to do, but at this point, just keep your head up and looking forward – oh, and the family can’t really change anything at this point, so tune them out.
Post # 4
@P2TheDoodle: ME TOO. IT hit me at 20 days. Before this I was a super easy bride. *cries
Post # 5
@P2TheDoodle: I am going through the same. My work load – insane. 7 days a week until the wed. before the wedding. my schedule is never like this, why now? I am also being short with finance. I feel like nothing is done. Still need to pick music and write the ceremony. why, why! /wedding panic
Post # 6
@LadyBear: Thank you so much. I needed some encouraging words. I will remember to breathe.
@MsTargaryen: Good to know I’m not the only one! It’s absolutely crazy!
Post # 7
OH my goodness, I just wrote a similar post a few minutes ago and now I’m reading yours. What is wrong with us?? I am literally crying at work right now (thank God I have an office where I can shut my door) b/c I feel so stressed out and I feel like I am doing everything myself!!! FH does help when I ask him but I feel like I always have to ASK him and remind him and he doesn’t just take the initiative.
I feel like i am definitely starting to be a control freak. I keep asking him every day if he’s bought me a surprise wedding gift. What is wrong with me?? 🙁
Post # 8
@AshleyR83: Nothing is wrong with you. We all behave differently when overwhealmed-just don’t let it make you zilla.
I personally can’t imagine if I’m going to be realaxed or sobbing those last weeks. I’m already stressed this far out 😉
OP I hope you’re feeling a little better. I would just suggest list making, delegating, and treating yourself some small way everyday. Also lean on SO!