(Closed) 17 weeks and still nauseated and vomiting

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I was sick like that up until about 25 weeks. Hope it gets better soon!

Post # 4
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

It’s different for everyone. I had it really bad the first trimester… every day everything was coming back up… It stayed like that until 15 weeks ish. Around 15-16 weeks it got to the point I could keeps food down but it was nauseating to do so. Big meals came back up. Now at 28 weeks I’m back to throwing up a few times a week and nauseous the rest of the time. Hopefully it gets better for you.

Post # 5
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I was sick until about 26-28 weeks and then started getting sick again around 35 weeks. I wish I could make you feel better or give you some kind of hope but ultimately it was misserable and I don’t wish what you’re going through on anyone.

Post # 6
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

It slowed down for me about that time but didn’t totally go away (i.e. no vom**) until after 21 weeks.  Unfortunately, I got food poisoning or something else violent later in my pregnancy but FORTUNATELY nothing affected the baby.

Post # 7
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I was sick the entire time I was pregnant with Moose. It didn’t mean anything bad; it’s just how my body handled the pregnancy. I never took the medicine to make it go away, but I was sick multiple times a day for 34 weeks. Some women are just really lucky.

Post # 8
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I was sick from the day I found out (that’s why I tested in the first place, not another single sympton) until the week before I had my daughter at 38 weeks. It’s not fun. I hope you feel better soon and that you truly aren’t one that will be sick the whole time 

Post # 9
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Being nauseous all day long and puking 12+ times a day is not normal.  And it can be dangerous if you are not receiving proper medical treatment.

After I had Addie I started during research, and I stumbled upon this condition called hyperemesis gravidarum.  It’s basically extreme morning sickness.  If you have symptoms like losing 5% or more of your body weight, showing signs of dehydration, the inability to gain weight, ketosis, anemia, loss of bladder control while vomiting, vomiting up bile and/or blood, etc… it’s a lot more serious than just regular old morning sickness, and you need a much more aggressive treatment than just oral Zofran.

Here’s an educational website about HG.  Read the brochures about signs/symptoms and consider talking to your doctor.  I’ve also found the forums to be an incredible resource for treatment options and just general support.  PM me if you want to talk more.  I remember those days, and I really hope that it gets better for you soon.

The topic ‘17 weeks and still nauseated and vomiting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors