(Closed) 18.5 weeks pregnant and not feeling flutters yet?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When did you first feel flutters from baby
    Before 15 weeks : (8 votes)
    17 %
    15-17 weeks : (13 votes)
    27 %
    18-20weeks : (20 votes)
    42 %
    20 plus weeks or other : (7 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 2
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

Carritas27:  Do you have a tilted uterus? or a few spare pounds around your middle from pre-baby? These things kept my best girlfriends from feeling much until around 20 weeks. The baby might just be sitting more towards the middle of your torso so you aren’t able to feel it much yet.

Post # 3
    156 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Firstly, is this your first baby? Because you feels things earlier on second pregancies.

For a first pregnancy, the books say you can feel first flutters at any point up to 24 weeks, no? So, no in that case, you shouldn’t be worried.

I’m 23 weeks now and definitely feelings things for about 2 weeks at this point. But initially, I couldn’t figure out if I was feeling flutters or I had trapped wind!

So relax, be calm and be patient.

Post # 5
    9824 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I never felt “flutters” at all, just kicks.  I did feel those at 18 weeks but it was sort of random and I didn’t feel kicks everyday for another 2 or 3 weeks.  I only felt those at work because it’s quiet and I’m sitting still.  I didn’t feel anything the weekend after that because I am doing so much.  It’s perfectly normal not to feel anything yet.  Also if you have an anterior placenta you might not feel movement until later (like 21 or 22 weeks?). 

There is another term for the sharp stabby pains in your vagina.  Baby could be hitting on a nerve.  They’re really common

I really wouldn’t be worried yet.

Post # 6
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2016

Carritas27:  Lol tilted just means you’ll feel more (aches, cramps, labor etc..) in your back than your front and that early on they would have to do vaginal U/S. You would know ๐Ÿ™‚ I think you’re good, just ready to feel something! Good luck with patience!

Post # 7
    3571 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Carritas27:  Everything I’ve read says between weeks 16-20 is typically when you’ll first feel something.. so I think you’re fine. I understand being nervous though, I’m 17w and *think* I may have felt something a few times, but nothing for sure. My anatomy appt is March 30, anxious to go and see the baby squirming around!

Post # 8
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Carritas27:  Do you know where your placenta is located?  I have an anterior placenta, and I really didn’t feel a whole lot till about 30 weeks.  I think that is pretty unusual even with an anterior placenta, but it is very common to not feel kicks etc till later with an anterior placenta.  It is very stressful, but hang in there!

Post # 9
    7430 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

Do you have an anterior placenta? I believe people with anterior placentas feel movement later in pregnancy.

You could try drinking Orange juice to make baby a bit more active to see if you feel anything.

Post # 10
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

When I was pregnant I felt it around 19 and 20 weeks but wasn’t sure if it was just gas bubbles or the baby actually kicking. Wasn’t sure until 20 something weeks when I could really feel my son kicking. 

Post # 11
    3697 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I first felt baby at one day shy of 19 weeks, the day before our ultrasound.  It was hit or miss for a couple weeks, and now at 30 weeks I yell at him/her to calm down and quit kicking my bladder.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
    3008 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Carritas27:  I felt little flutters around 19 weeks and I felt my first real kick at 20 weeks. I’m thin but I had an anterior placenta, which we saw on the anatomy scan at 19.5 weeks. I’m sure you’ll feel your baby soon! Congrats!

Post # 14
    698 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Carritas27:  I’m pregnant with my first baby too; I’m 20 weeks and only just felt what I am pretty sure is “flutters” and not just my stomach maybe three days ago? I wouldn’t be worried yet; I think it takes a while to know exactly what you’re feeling, especially since it’s a sensation we’ve never felt before as first-time-mama’s!

Post # 15
    769 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

Carritas27:  I think you’re perfectly fine. I’ve read that for first time pregnancy it’s typical that some women may not feel any movement for up to 25 weeks! I’m sure you’ll feel movement pretty soon. Depending on where you’re carrying you’ll most likely feel the movement pretty low – way below your belly button and near your bladder.

I actually first felt my son kick at 12 weeks (first pregnancy) and I’m not exactly skinny but I never had extra weight around my stomach. I also knew those little movements (although I wasn’t able to detect them often) were not gas as it was happening way lower than my stomach and close to my pelvis. I’m now 20 weeks and can feel a constant movement throughout the day. My son has now learned how to kick my bladder and loves to do it when I’m sitting in traffic.

Anyway… Don’t worry, bee. I’m sure baby’s moving in there just fine! The odd movements also take a bit of getting used to. Like, I wasn’t sure exactly what I was feeling at first, lol.

The topic ‘18.5 weeks pregnant and not feeling flutters yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors