(Closed) 18.5 weeks pregnant and not feeling flutters yet?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When did you first feel flutters from baby
    Before 15 weeks : (8 votes)
    17 %
    15-17 weeks : (13 votes)
    27 %
    18-20weeks : (20 votes)
    42 %
    20 plus weeks or other : (7 votes)
    15 %
  • Post # 16
    4505 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

With my first baby I didn’t know what the heck I was feeling. It wasn’t until much later on that I realized what I was feeling were baby’s movements. 

Even this time, my second pregnancy, the doctor asked me around my 20 week appointment if I was ffeeling movements and I had to admit that I wasn’t sure. The movements are so tiny at that stage, it can be hard to tell. So don’t worry!

Post # 17
    571 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I didn’t feel any flutters and only kicks which I didn’t feel until 22 weeks. My placenta is in the front so that was most likely why. 

Post # 18
    3755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

It’s totally normal no to feel anything yet. Wait until your anatomy scan when baby is going crazy moving around in there and you feel nothing! I did feel flutters early with my son but I know that every one is different. I’m sure you’ll feel it soon!!

Post # 19
    2123 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

Carritas27:  I’m very slim, no anterior placenta, no tilted uterus and 18wks but still haven’t felt anything. But for FTMs even by 20 wks it’s possible not to feel anything yet. I’m not worried though because as soon as my baby girl starts kicking a lot I know I’ll have trouble sleeping so I’m trying to make the most of now haha! 

Anyway, don’t worry 😀

Post # 21
    824 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I did not feel flutters until at least 20 weeks – it used to freak me out, too.  This time around I will try not to worry so much. 😉

Post # 22
    2190 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I didn’t feel anything for certain until 21.5 weeks. Before that I had felt maybe a little something but could distinguish between gas and baby. So I say def felt baby at 21.5. My placenta is anterior too. First baby. 

Post # 23
    527 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Carritas27:  hey, try not to worry!! At my 21 week appointment I told my doctor that I didn’t feel any movement. The heartbeat was checked and all was well. I obviously left the appointment stressed. At exactly 22 weeks bub started kicking like crazy. I’m now 28 weeks and baby kicks everyday. It will happen soon enough and it’s an amazing feeling. 

The topic ‘18.5 weeks pregnant and not feeling flutters yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors