18 mm follie, clomid, – trigger shot tonight – question

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
848 posts
Busy bee

mrstseluyu :  I had my first (unmonitored) cycle of clomid this month (50mg also, cycle 12 ttc). I have read a ton of stuff about when they do the trigger shot (even though i didn’t do trigger shot, I’m just doing timed intercourse.no IUI yet)  and I think 90% of what I’ve read, its been around 18mm so I wouldn’t worry. I always thought  that sounded  low considering my follicles get to 25-31mm before ovulating but 18mm IS mature and I think it takes another day or two for it to actually ovulate after the shot. So it could be up to 24 mm ish by the time you actually O. I’ve seen mine go from 28mm-31mm in a matter of 8 hours. So it most likely won’t still be 18mm when you actually O. 

🙂 good luck! 

Post # 3
674 posts
Busy bee

mrstseluyu : I think you ovulate about 36 hours after trigger. This last cycle I only had two mature follicles at 18 and 19 mm. I ovulated on my own the next day (actually probably about 36 hours later) and I’m pregnant. Good luck! 

Post # 4
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Im on clomid too and my RE is happy to do the trigger with 18mm follie. good luck! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors