18 Signs Your Relationship Will Not Last

posted 2 weeks ago in Relationships
Post # 2
8168 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Shit, after reading this  l’m amazed me and Himself are still going…..

sassy411 :  

Post # 3
148 posts
Blushing bee

I take issue with having to enjoy your partner’s company every second. Sometimes we’re just riding in the car together, thinking our own thoughts, barely realizing the other is there. It’s not like, “I AM SO ECSTATIC TO BE SHARING A VEHICLE WITH MY TWIN FLAME!!!!! *rainbows/fireworks/kazoos*”

Post # 4
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

ecrisrien :  HAHAHAA “kazoos” 

ETA: wow, though, I just read it. My recent relationship had every single one of those things. Yikes 

Post # 5
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

I mean we definitely touch on a few of these, but I think there’s a difference in self awareness and reaction. I’ve been hyper critical lately, it’s my default when I personally am stressed, I become a very critical partner. But I’ve acknowledged this to my husband. Doesn’t mean it’s wxcusable, but he knows I’m conscious and actively working on it. Also doesn’t every relationship have “the same fights” of things that annoy you in the bad days but aren’t worth splitting over? Some of these I totally agree and others I feel like are natural struggles of relationships 

Post # 6
373 posts
Helper bee

I’ll take none of it and leave all of it

Thank you

Post # 7
221 posts
Helper bee

Well, I’ll take it.  My last marriage had all those in the end, and many right from the beginning too :/   I am willing to take responsibilty for doing some things on the list, too. 

This time: none on the list, after nearly 2 years; even living through stressful times together.

And all that I have learned (from past relationships, counselling, therapists, and books), I can apply to circumventing these; or navigating our way through them.. and I will share this list with her in the spirit of openness & talking about us.

Post # 8
612 posts
Busy bee

A lot of these are things which individuals need to work on personally, rather than symptoms of a defective relationship.

This is my constant gripe with advice being dispensed: People are rarely encouraged to do objective analysis of the extent to which they may be contributing to relationship problems. The theme of most relationship advice seems to be: Well, it’s probably doomed to fail anyway, so you may as well chuck it.

So disempowering.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors