Don't care either way : (45 votes)
    25 %
    Who are the Duggers? : (3 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    7431 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2009

I totally agree with everything you said. They use their religion as an excuse to not use birth control, but its bs that they keep popping out kids. STOP HAVING SEX IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE IN BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!

Post # 4
    2866 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have seen this subject get incredibly heated in other forums so I am curious to see how it will go over here. I absolutely think she should stop before her desire to have more kids kills her and leaves the children she already has Motherless. 

Post # 5
    1839 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@mija22:  i agree 100%

Post # 6
    2063 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I do not agree with her choice to have more children. However, I agree that she should have the ability to make that choice.

“God doesn’t give you what you can handle, God helps you handle what you are given.”

Post # 7
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Personally, I think that what they are doing is disgusting. But that’s me. It is a free country and they can obviously afford to have and raise these children. I dont think the children are being physically or emotionally harmed (though, you could argue about the lack of actual parent attention they get), so I would never tell them they couldn’t have more.

Post # 8
    13010 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I’m actually shocked when I watch the show.  I don’t know how she can keep her sanity with that many kids running around.  Everything seems so chaotic, all the time.  As for having more kids…I don’t agree with it, but it’s not my choice.  I think that last one she lost should be a pretty big wake-up call though…

Post # 9
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Correct me if I’m wrong, but recalling some “extensive” research (playing around on Wikipedia with a roomie), didn’t the Duggars start practicing the Quiverfull movement after they had a miscarriage they blamed on contraceptives? As in, she was taking contraceptives of some variety, stopped, got pregnant and then miscarried. Well she stopped using contraceptives after that miscarriage, so I would think that after this miscarriage they would re-evaluate/question the way they’re doing things, aka pushing out babies non-stop at a near-dangerous age. I doubt they will, though.

Post # 10
    2866 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

What does God have to do with it? Having children as a result of unprotected sex is science, not God giving them what they can handle. 

Post # 11
    2702 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@rosyQ87:  pretty sure you’re right.

I think it’s crazy they have those many kids. But to be honest, there are worse family situations in the world. There are so many children that are brought into this world that are unwanted and end up in foster care. I think it’s sad that they basically use their children to raise the younger ones, but I truly believe those kids are well loved. which is a lot to say compared to some kids.

Post # 12
    1815 posts
    Buzzing bee

I don’t know. It doesn’t bother me. I mean, for her health-wise she should probably stop. But if they have the love and the means to support more, I’m not here to judge.

ETA: I voted the lone ‘yes’ vote on the poll. I mean, with all this birth control/abortion talk going on in politics it’s kind of hypocritical to be all ‘a woman should be the only one making decisions for her own body’ yet sit here and make decisions/judgements on what another woman should do with her body. I know it’s 2 completely different things, but those are just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Post # 13
    3375 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I love watching that show!!!! They’re such nice, well behaved kids compared to Jon and Kate’s brats.

Post # 14
    3772 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@AnneTossy:  “with all this birth control/abortion talk going on in politics it’s kind of hypocritical to be all ‘a woman should make the decisions for her own body’ yet sit her and make decision on what another woman should do with her body.”

I agree!!! I mean it may not be smart health wise for her to keep poppin out babies. But at the same time all of these children have a roof over their head and a giant family that will love them. A lot more than some other kids can say. So just like its her choice to have an abortion or use birth control. It is EQUALLY her choice to have more children if she wants.

Post # 15
    827 posts
    Busy bee

I just wanted to point out that the Duggars do not consider themselves to be part of the Quiverfull movement.

The topic ‘19 and Counting…the show…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors