• poll: Do you think the Duggers should continue to have more kids

Yes

No

Don't care either way

Who are the Duggers?

• Post # 17
    7605 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

In my heart, I know that I should take my ten foot pole and back away from this thread.

However.

I do believe that these parents are raising their 19 children a hell of a lot better than the majority of Americans are able to raise 2 and I’ll leave it at that.

I think Michelle’s doctor is the only one who should be advising her against having more children if that decision would protect her health.  I don’t think that anyone else, including internet strangers, should be worrying about it.

Post # 18
    2063 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @Juliepants:  This.

Post # 19
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @mija22:  Yes. He obviously make good money. I think all the show did was allow them to buy extra ‘things’ for them. And you don’t have to have a lot to GIVE to your children to be good parents. As long as there’s food on the table and a roof over your head then you’re fine. And I think that was no problem for them. You don’t need to provide your children LUXURIES to be good parents. *end rant*

I just get peeved when people think you have to have tons of money to raise your children right. I grew up without going on vacations or being spoiled rotten and it made me a better person. It made me WORK for my education and WORK for everything I have today 

Post # 20
    4753 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Nope they “shouldn’t” but I also know if they’re still having sex, and her body is susceptible to concieve, she will. So really for them to STOP having kids, they need to stop having sex until she’s in menopause.

Post # 21
    8031 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

There are many children in America who would be lucky to be as well cared for as the Duggar children.  But they should stop while they are ahead.

Post # 22
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @mija22:  ‘far more luxuries’ — Excuse me for butting in, but you’re kidding right?

While they can afford their house and food ok because of the show, last time I checked it still showed the family buying eachothers christmas gifts from Goodwill because that’s how they’ve always done it.  It’s not like this family is rolling around naked in cash money. This isn’t a family who prides itself on luxuries and material items.

ETA: I’m happy to see I’m not the only one here who thinks what they do is their business.

Post # 23
    3771 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @AnneTossy:  THANK YOU for saying that! I completely agree

Post # 24
    2701 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I thought I read somewhere that TLC bought their house for them? I could be wrong though

Post # 25
    3771 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @MlleBrielle:  They built their own house.

Post # 26
    2084 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

We’ve had a few threads about them before. 

If they can take care of their brood, that’s fine by me.  However, the times when I’ve seen them shop for food or prepare meals, they’ve made me so sad.  They obviously have to eat cheaply and they seem to eat a lot of processed and frozen food.

The doctor on the Today Show actually said that her body might, at some point, just fail to hold a pregnancy because of what having 19 children has done to her physically.  So sad.

Post # 27
    3978 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I don’t simply because the Dr.’s have said it is dangerous for both her and the baby. Otherwise, if that weren’t an issue and they could continue to care for their children (and yes, using the money we give them to watch their show counts) then I wouldn’t care.

Post # 28
    10354 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

I thnk disregarding the scientific nature of the timing of her pregnancies is pretty ridiculous. You aren’t pregnant every 12-15 months because of god. You’re pregnant because statistically that’s what happens when you have unprotected sex 100% of the time. It’s pretty simple math.

Post # 29
    2521 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Eh, I know what I would do but I can’t expect others to do that.  The way I show my opinion is not watching their show.

Post # 30
    826 posts
    Busy bee

They built their own house, but the network chipped in to help finish and furnish it. The Duggars would have achieved that all on their own, it just would have taken them a little longer.

As far as I can tell, the extra money has just allowed them to live a little more comfortably and take more trips (to see friends, help others, and do charitable work). I wouldn’t consider them to be living large and indulging in luxuries (like Jon and Kate did).

Post # 31
    5294 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 1993

View original reply
    @AnneTossy:  100% agree. If you believe that reproduction is the woman’s choice……then it’s her choice! Just because you don’t agree with the choice doesn’t mean you can take it away. Let’s flip this around and pretend someone started a thread about abortion and some of the comments were ‘a woman who gets an abortion is disgusting and irresponsible?’ Yeah. fun times.

View original reply
    @Juliepants:  1000% agree.

Do I personally think they should stop? Yes. I do, and it seems that their doctor does too. But I am neither them or their doctor. Do I watch the show? Yes. I think their kids are hilarious, cute, well-adjusted, and seem to be pretty ok. Their parents obviously love them and they seem happy together.

Also, a lot of people point out that they don’t believe they can possibly give each child attention – BUT – both parents are at home the majority of the time and the kids are homeschooled……no full-time jobs, daycare, public school, soccer practice, etc. etc. – they literally have dozens more ‘at home’ hours a week than most American families.

The topic ‘19 and Counting…the show…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors