Post # 1
Is anyone planning on going to this? One of my best friends lives right by the fairgrounds and told me about it. I really need to get on hiring my vendors and I’m in town tomorrow anyway, so I may go.
On a side note, the only other wedding show I went to kind of sucked! I felt that people were trying to hard to sell me and spoke to me like I was one of those stereotypical brides that gush over everything! Has anyone managed to enjoy a wedding show or even find a good vendor there?
Post # 3
Shows are typically busy and from a vendor standpoint we want each bride/couple/family to be well informed before leaving our booth. Some things to look for:
- Where you acknowledge by the vendor? Even if they were busy with someone else did you get a smile? Take note of your first impression, and if there is a vendor you are thinking about circle back and observe them with others later.
- Bring labels with your name, address, email, phone, and wedding date, this saves you time on filling out all the entries for prize! When you register for the show itself most will automatically sign you up for free bridal magazines.
- Make notes (if you like the vendor) at the vendor booth on their brochure or card and keep the Like and Dislike materials separate in your tote bag.
- Take advantage of viewing their portfolio on the spot and ask about their services, listen to what they seem to be the most passionate about. Get a feel for their level of customer service.
- Don’t only focus on the portfolio, for example I am sorting through over 1,200+ to narrow down which ones I am updating on my site. The level of service and whether you will mesh with the vendor is key….can they deliver your expectations?
Let me know if this helps, oh and the expo is both days Sat & Sun.