(Closed) 19 Days Between Weddings Too Close?

posted 5 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Wedding Dates Too Close?
    Yes : (5 votes)
    24 %
    No : (16 votes)
    76 %
  • Post # 3
    5002 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

Can you postpone it less? Or just keep the Sept 8th date? What about December? (too cold?) 

Post # 5
    385 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I know two sisters who were married to each other just a couple weeks apart.  I know that for in-town guests it wouldn’t be as much of an issue, but if you have a lot of out of town guests in common on your FI’s side they might not be able to make it to both weddings and might have to choose. But, if that won’t be an issue, I don’t see what the big deal is.

You could always set aside your tax money in a seperate savings account and just consider it untouchable, except for wedding expenses.  

Post # 7
    9205 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I would definitely move it back if that’s not a big deal to you. I know “you only get one day” blah blah blah, but especially since your SIL doesn’t know that you’ve picked a new date so close to hers, it just seems easiest and most respectful to choose one a month or two later. Can you just open a separate wedding account, deposit the money, and then not touch it?

Post # 8
    4046 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Is she really getting married Aprl 1st? the Monday after Easter? 

I think you’d be OK, just watch that the weekends before the wedding will be very busy, if you work full time during the week.

Post # 9
    2437 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

it’s not a big deal. I would not think twice about it.

Post # 10
    1066 posts
    Bumble bee

Sounds like fun. If it doesn’t bother you don’t postpone.You have already postponed once. Have your wedding, and enjoy your day xx

Post # 11
    1992 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@ohulani:  I don’t think its too close but I would be a little annoyed that her wedding is SO close to yours… she could have been a little more considerate!

If it we me (and my money wouldn’t be lost) I would prob move it a month or so… it gives the family enough time to sort of get excited for another wedding again and you won’t be compared.

Post # 13
    385 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@ohulani:  I would send them out no later than the end of February.  Most sites recommend 8 weeks out.  Good luck!

The topic ‘19 Days Between Weddings Too Close?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors