(Closed) 19 days to go and Jeweller has LOST my rings

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Oh that is awful.  So sorry to hear.  I can’t believe they lost them within their store.  Maybe for now just get bands so you are not rushing into making a decision.  Maybe they will turn up, or they can watch their store cameras.

Post # 3
4233 posts
Honey bee

I agree about everyday bands for now to buy you time to cope and await a resolution. What a complete bummer. Argh!!

🙁

Post # 5
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

They shouldn’t insist on a store credit if they lost it, but is that where you bought it to begin with?  You could just reorder the bands from them.  They would be the same anyway and you haven’t worn them yet.

Post # 6
732 posts
Busy bee

on any documents with the paper that shows when you dropped it off, does it say that they insure your ring or anything about taking fault if it’s lost/stolen? You should double check. They shouldn’t insist on a store credit since they are at fault. Maybe have them check their security cameras like PPs have said. I’m so sorry that you’re going through this but I hope they turn up!!!

Post # 7
5705 posts
Bee Keeper

First of all, that’s horrid and I’m sorry it happened to you, my head would have exploded in fury and anger [hell hath no fury like a woman who’s ering was messed with].

But here is the thing-[crappy I know] everything happens for a reason.  A gold band is not the end, the final result, the only ring you will ever get to/have to wear.  The setting he picked out would mean just as much if you let the jeweler remake the set.  That ahole of a jeweler can never take that away from you!

So you can have him cut you a check, have him remake you the set, or you can use a stand in gold band until you decide what to do.  This is the LAST thing you need before your big day.  Don’t let it steal your joy!  Things are things-they can be replaced.  The sentimentality is yours forever!

Post # 8
10570 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
goona:  they are at fault and they know it. If they refuse to give you the full cost of what your rings are worth or what you paid, then you can file a petition and take them to court. I would atleast threaten this so they know you are serious. Hopefully the rings will turn up. I’d file a police report and call or go to all the pawn shops in your city and near by cities as well. Check ebay, Craigslist etc… Goodluck to you, and I’m so sorry!

Post # 9
1260 posts
Bumble bee

They lost and admitted fault. Try to get that in writing. They cannot insist on store credit. I’d go off and buy a ring you love asap. If you can, try to laugh about this with your husband. Better to lose the rings than the partner, right?

Post # 10
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

I am so sorry this happened to you and it is completely the jeweler’s fault. Look into their policy for replacement ( I have seen it printed on receipts in the past)  and for now I would order bands to use at your wedding that you will want to wear every day. And do not hesitate to let the owner know you are willing to see this through to small claims court. They may suddenly resurface. I hope you see some absolution soon. 

Post # 11
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

If they do insist on store credit, see if they’ll compromise on a purchase order to another store. That way you can go pick out something of similar quality and they pay the store directly. 

Post # 12
1463 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Holly Hedge Estate

View original reply
goona:  oh my gosh, i am so sorry. With all the normal BS that a bride has to deal with in the final weeks, this is just soooo  NOT OKAY!! I think PP’s have given some sound advice. Just wanted to send some love ur way

Post # 14
1688 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

That’s terrible! I totally understand your frustration. However, I think you should just take them up on their offer to remake it. It sucks that it’s not the ring he proposed to you with, but sh it happens. 

Post # 15
4419 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

HOLY SHIT I WOULD BE FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT. I WOULD OWN THAT JEWELRY STORE BY THE TIME I WAS DONE SUING THE EVERLOVING SHIT OUT OF THEM. What the fuck is wring with them?! How do they LOSE two diamond rings? what kind of fucking people work for them anyhow??? IM FURIOUS FOR U BEE. U better sue the fuck out of the , that is IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNACCEPTABLE. I WOULD RIP THEM APART IN YELP TOO, but not before you sue… LOL

The topic ‘19 days to go and Jeweller has LOST my rings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors