(Closed) 19 days to go and Jeweller has LOST my rings

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
4543 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Oh and I’m sorry I would NOT take them up on the offer for store credit. I would never ever ever give them one fucking cent. I would sue for every dollar that UR rings were worth and get them made elsewear… I’m assuming u didn’t purchase UR rings from them in the first place?

Post # 17
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Jewelry stores have about a thousand cameras set up.  Go into the store and ask to see the footage on the date and time you were in there.  Don’t let them tell you Oh we only save the tape 24 hours.  No way.  They need to keep that tape longer in case of any incidents.  If they won’t do that for you then something very fishy has gone on and I’d call the police.  The store itself stole your ring.  

I’d never want a ring made from that store ever.  Do not accept store credit.  Get the full worth of that ring back from them.

Post # 18
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Our jewelers lost my husbands. When I called to see if it was there they  realized they didnt know where it was so they ordered a new one.. and it would not get here in time for the wedding. I went down there with my grandma and my grandma ripped them a new asshole. They said they could lend us a ring. I said no.. I do not want a fake wedding ring not even in my husbands size. The rings get blessed at the ceremony. At the end of it all they gave us the ring ( SAME RING) they had on display that was his size

Post # 20
4233 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
goona:  

Thinking about you. Hope you’re feeling nice and sparkly, all things considered.

Post # 21
1650 posts
Bumble bee

Wow ! what a story. Please keep us updated on what happened at the jewelers.  Did he pay you the worth of your rings?  so sorry, Im pissed off for you also. 

Post # 22
1128 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

That sucks!  Hope things got better for you!!

Post # 23
4888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
goona:  Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!

I had this happen to me, as well. I dropped my ring off to get soldered 3 weeks before our wedding last Fall. I got a call a week later saying that the shipment sent to the place where this would get done had arrived empty – someone had stolen everything out of the shipment. I advised that I needed my ring back in the next week, and they were able to get it. Granted, it was a completely different ring and not the one that DH proposed with, which was a bummer. I did get it in time, but we were still not pleased that it happened.

Since it was the jewelers fault, we didn’t have to pay anything. But, we did have to sign something saying we wouldn’t take any legal action against them… and they paid for the soldering. Yay… ๐Ÿ™

Post # 24
1270 posts
Bumble bee

I hope they’re paying you full value for the rings they lost. If nothing else it would teach them to keep a closer eye on other people’s (very expensive) property and some other bride won’t have to share your experience. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this, but you seem to be handling it well. I wish you joy on your upcoming wedding!

Post # 25
1094 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t even know what I would do.

Sorry bee, what a horrible situation to be in, especially SO close to your wedding. 

Any updates?

Post # 26
2111 posts
Buzzing bee

I am so sorry this happened – I hope that are giving you the full value back plus some for the stress!

The topic ‘19 days to go and Jeweller has LOST my rings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors