1.9 mm for 2 ct solitaire ring.. is that too thin?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Well i dont know much about the size of your moissy but I have a 1.8 mm band and I love it I wanted thin and I havent had any issues with it yet (KNOCK ON WOOD)

Post # 4
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would say this is too thin for the long term… but that is for me. I tend to be harsh on my jewels, even though I do try to keep them shiny!

This ring is a lifetime symbol, I think maybe a couple of mm thicker might allow you to keep that rock on the finger far longer…

Post # 5
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love a thin band, we plan on going with something very similar! Definitely no thicker than 2.2.  I think the only difference is a thinner band with a big rock may spin more than a thicker band, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take 😉

Post # 6
2320 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I love that look too! I think it will be fine. I’ve heard good things about the customer service at that site so just shoot them an email to make sure you’re getting the right size!

Post # 7
3400 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I think that is great width! I LOVE thin bands.

My e-ring is going to be a 3 carat moissanite in a pave & halo setting & the shank will be 1.95mm. It is a great width, especially for a 2 carat solitaire because it is more secure than a pave setting.

But I would like to advise you to go with platinum or palladium for your metal because gold wears away, and is lost over time, where as platinum or palladium isnt, & it can be repolished to former glory. Platinum is a forever metal, gold is not heirloom quality because it becomes lost over the years from wear. This especially becomes an issue with thin shanks because they can snap and wear significantly.

Post # 8
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I don’t see why not. I think it would look great!

Post # 9
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

My ring is 2mm (knife edge) with a 1.5ct moissy and I love it! I like the look of a thin band with a big stone. It looks gorgeous and I haven’t had any issues or anything (I have been engaged and wearing it everyday for about 5 months).

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Oh and request a sizer they send you a code to get a % off your ring!

Post # 12
2547 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have a thin band, not sure how thin, but I know its thinner than 2mm, because I just recently tried on bands. I seriously love thin bands, but maybe thats because I have small fingers. Oh and I’m not concerned about it wearing down or breaking. If it happens I’ll just get it fixed!

Post # 14
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I have a 1.25 carat on a 1.8mm and I love it! I’m a big fan of thin bands because my hands are kinda dainty and thick baover just don’t work for me.

Post # 15
568 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My wedding ring is 2mm and here is my E ring next to it, and its quite a bit less than 2mm.  it tapers on the front shoulders, and is actuallly 2mm at the back of it. 

I find the E ring to be very comfortable and i like the look of the thinner band. 

Post # 16
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

My engagement ring is vintage with a band slightly under 1.5mm that tapers near the stone and it has survived over 60 years so far without any significant damage. My stone is only about 1.24ct, so a fair bit smaller but still not exactly minute.

It’s also a lot thinner vertically than most modern bands so my fingers can sit tight together.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors