(Closed) 19 week gender scan accuracy

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was you gender prediction at your anatomy scan accurate?

Yes, the tech said she was certain

yes, the tech was not certain though

No, the tech said see was certain

No, but the tech said she wasn't sure

• Post # 2
    701 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I had mine at 18 weeks and it was very clear to my husband and I that we are having a boy

Post # 3
    3376 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
    Purplelicious:  I had my anatomy scan at 19-20 weeks, and I also had a feeling that it was a boy – no real hope either way (or if anything, I was actually kind of hoping for a girl), but I just had myself convinced it was a boy.  We saw the three lines, and the tech was pretty certain that it’s a girl.  We’ve since had another scan (around 24-25 weeks), and she’s still a girl 🙂 Seeing the boy ultrasounds from the other ladies in my birth-month group, it’s pretty obvious when it’s a boy, especially that far along! (the only one who was initially told girl then they found out later it was a boy had her gender scan pretty early, I think around 15-16 weeks).

Post # 4
    9830 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

They’re usually pretty clear at that stage as far as I know.

Post # 5
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Purplelicious:  Sounds like you’re having a girl! It’s true that there’s a higher wrong gender rate when you’re told a girl, but it’s still pretty darn rare. Especially at your gestational age. 

Given that she went back and looked twice, I’d feel pretty confident you’re having a girl!

Post # 7
    172 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I had an elective gender scan at 17 and a half weeks and was told she was 100% sure it was a girl. Even though she was certain I was still nervous because I know it’s easier to be wrong on a girl and because it was so early. The three lines were very clear even then. I had my anatomy scan at 22 weeks and she confirmed it’s a girl. 

Post # 8
    3751 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

At 19 weeks it should be pretty clear. I had mine at 18w6d and it was very obviously a boy!

Post # 9
    8880 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

I had an U/S at 19w5d and the tech said she was 100% sure it was a girl. She zoomed in and pointed out the lady bits and said she was absolutely positive. She was right 🙂

Post # 10
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I had mines at 17 weeks and 5 days she said it loks like a boy but she wasn’t sure. Had another one done at either 18 or 19 weeks can’t remember and it was still a boy. And at 38 weeks and 3 days, she was right he came out a boy.  

Post # 11
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

I had a scan at 20 weeks, and it was quite clearly a boy (and definitely his father’s child, who hid his face and displayed his bits). It was confirmed again this past week at our 24 week scan. They are usually right on the gender.

Post # 12
    1477 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I had mine right at 18 weeks. She said girl, and three years later, my daughter is still a girl!

Post # 13
    1178 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

19 week scans are very accurate. the fault comes in baby being in a weird position that makes a penis hidden. I don’t think she would tell you a gender if she wasn’t extremely sure. You’re probably just in shock that you were wrong.

Post # 14
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I have had a feeling we are pregnat with a boy, but now the beginning of the 2nd trimester I have gotten some blemishes so I’m second guessing my intuition. Still have to wait 7 weeks before the 20 week mark, then we will find out. I don’t mind either way, just want a healthy baby.

Post # 15
    7694 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

My scan at 19 weeks was accurate as far as gender was concerned. My tech said that there is always a possibility that a scan can be wrong, but that it was rare unless the baby was in a position where nothing could be seen. 

The topic ‘19 week gender scan accuracy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors