(Closed) 19 week gender scan accuracy

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Was you gender prediction at your anatomy scan accurate?

Yes, the tech said she was certain

yes, the tech was not certain though

No, the tech said see was certain

No, but the tech said she wasn't sure

• Post # 16
    8066 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I had a scan at 15w and 20w…both looked like a girl (3 lines) and yes it was accurate.

Post # 17
    732 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I had 2 different scans both at 16 weeks.  Both times the tech told us they were sure it was a girl and showed us the three lines.  As long as they are using that technique and not just using the absence of a penis as their determining factor the results are almost 100% accurate I believe.  We have an ultrasound clinic that does elective gender scans (just gender no measurements or medical tests) and they perform them at 14 weeks with a $1,000 guarantee if they are wrong.  The genital parts are actually formed much earlier than 20 weeks but that is the timeframe needed to check all of the medical things they look for during your 20 week scan so that is why it is the typical time to find out gender during your pregnancy. 

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by .
    Post # 18
    1947 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

We had a blood test done to look for chromosomal abnormalities, and they can also check for gender.  So we knew at 11 weeks we were having a girl.  It’s been confirmed by the techs are every ultrasound since, (not that we were expecting any different).  

We did go to an open house at a pediatrician’s office, and the doctor mentioned that they do still occassionally get people who have been told the wrong gender at their ultrasound, so there is probably a tiny chance your tech was wrong.  At 20 weeks though, I would guess there’s a much higher chance that your gut was wrong and you’re having a girl.  

Post # 19
    403 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

I had mine at 18.5 weeks. The sonographer said she was 80% sure the baby was a girl but the baby’s legs were crossed so she couldn’t be 100%. Another scan at 26 weeks made it VERY clear that we’re having a boy! 30 weeks now 🙂

Post # 20
    2831 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

We just had ours last week.  We didn’t want to know but she forgot and showed us.  It was pretty obvious, I’m not expecting anything to change when I have to go back next week (baby wouldn’t roll over so they could see everything).    

Post # 21
    1368 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    Purplelicious:  I just had the anatomy scan done at just about 19 weeks.  My DH and I were convinced that we were having a boy – but the tech said it was a girl and we clearly saw the 3 lines.  I also knew the tech from high school and she was a very nice and honest girl.  I would be very surprised if she told us if she wasnt very sure.  But I also questioned the results, just because I was so convinced it was a boy!

Post # 22
    425 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    livelaughlove628:  yay, 6/28!!!  We are, too!

Our dr confirmed it was a boy at 20 weeks.  She was certain.  We were also told at 13 weeks that it was probably a boy.

Post # 24
    563 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    donna_saur:  Congrats!! How far along are you now? Im about to enter my last trimester with a due date of 4/23

The topic ‘19 week gender scan accuracy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors