(Closed) 19 weeks and already a bad mommy

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 18
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

What a nosey lady. Next time tell her you tried to be polite before but seriously it’s none of her business.

Post # 19
560 posts
Busy bee

hmm if it were OUTSIDE of work I would tell her to f herself…in work can be tricky. I would probably be at the point to just say “shut your mouth!”

Post # 20
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I would ask her to point you to a doctor/medical journals that knows the medical risks of wearing heels during pregnancy. 

What a boob. 

Report her to HR. 

Post # 21
8440 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@phillygirl629:  +1, I was wondering the same thing lol

Post # 22
7646 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  Lol she sounds like a real gem. I love people that think they always know way better than you do. It’s like seriously? You’ll know if and when you can’t handle them anymore. I have no idea how you’re endagering your baby by wearing heels…

Post # 23
2837 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  OMG.  While I know it’s not recommended that you wear heels all the time when you’re pregnant– people do it.  And as far as I know, it’s never been a cause of serious issues– because if it was, it would in the book right along with raw fish.

I have a friend who wears heel pretty much everyday at work….it’s not like she’s a server or something LOL  so if she’s at her desk most of the day, does it really matter?  Tell her to mind her own business.

Post # 24
1504 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

LOL at Frumpy Mc-Fashion-Me-Not. She sounds like a real peach to be around.

Post # 25
5659 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

For god sake… people and their unsolicited opinions!!! The only reason people don’t wear heels is because 1) as you get bigger you tend to lose some of your balance and of course there’s a risk of falling (but hi I trip over myself in bare feet) and 2) your feet swell, which is probably made worse by heels. But there is no medical reason not to do so!

Post # 26
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am bracing myself for similar unsolicited lashes from the public. I am preggo now and as the summer arrives (when I will be at my biggest), I do plan to dress well and that includes heels. 

Post # 27
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Your feet, your uterus…people are annoying!  Keep on wearing those heels 🙂

Post # 28
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

… what?!?

That’s rude and ridiculous. Good for you for taking it in stride.

Post # 29
7811 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Your co-worker is a stupid cow.

Post # 30
2188 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2024

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17 I think you should go to HR. She’s said things to you in the past in regards to how you are dressing and now she’s trying to scold you for doing something perfectly safe while pregnant just because it’s not something she would do? It’s bullshit and you have a ways to go in the pregnancy and this isn’t something you should have to deal again, I’d tell HR and let then deal with it. She just sounds like a nosy bitch and she will keep giving unsolicited advice until someone puts the kabosh to it.

The topic ‘19 weeks and already a bad mommy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors