(Closed) 1920's Eliza Jane Howell "Lucille" – How to hide belly

posted 4 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
861 posts
Busy bee

Yeah spanx will smooth you out but you might want to get a underbust corset to really hold everything together. It all depends on your comfort level, I would try both under the dress just to see.

Post # 3
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Your dress is lovely! Spanx should do the trick.

Post # 4
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I dont even think you need spanx! but I get it… we all want to look our ultimate most beautiful… I would recommend spanx ONLY, rather than a corset. The difference they make is just what you might need!

Also, if you dont mind me asking….. can you give me a ballpark of the budget you had for the dress? I’m kinda in love with it and can’t find it anywhere near me! (I live in Washington DC). If it’s within my budget I would consider making the day trip to NYC. THANKS!

Post # 5
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Spanx are the best thing that was ever invented. I feel so confident and comfortable and smoothed out when I wear them!

Post # 7
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - ranch with estate

spanx or any shapewear panty should do the trick. 

Post # 8
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I agree, Spanx should do the trick!

missnovia:  You may want to check out Theia; their dresses are affordable and a very similar style.

Post # 9
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

bellemusic:  as you bought the dress in the uk and so I will assume either uk based or near by have a look at kiss me deadly and what Katie did. Kiss me deadly does corsellettes and girdles which are a bit sexier then spanx but do the same thing (and will look amazing under that dress) what Katie did does the comfiest corsets on earth! I own the morticia and it’s just so comfy to wear. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Dogmummy.
Post # 11
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

bellemusic:  if you find one you like also check eBay as they are fairly pricey. But they make good money for resale as well. Kiss me deadly also comes up on eBay a lot. Their girdles really do pull everything in like you wouldn’t believe! But getting them on is a bit of a contortionist act. 

The topic ‘1920's Eliza Jane Howell "Lucille" – How to hide belly’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors