(Closed) 1930's Speakeasy Theme? Help!

posted 5 years ago in Themes
  • poll: Speakeasy theme with navy and green?
    Yes yes yes! : (12 votes)
    57 %
    Yes to the theme, but no to the colors (list new colors please!) : (6 votes)
    29 %
    No no no! : (3 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    23620 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

That sounds beautiful!  Your colors sound like my colors – it’ll look great at the speak easy! 😀

Post # 4
    624 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

@emilyrose114:  I think that is an amazing idea!! That is one of my favorite areas! My friend is having a vintage type wedding. She collected old wine bottles and decoupaged them with different things and it looks really cool. She’s using that as a centerpiece along with books, candles, lace, pearls etc. Not sure if something like that would work for you, but I thought it was a really creative idea! Btw what color will your bridesmaids wear?!

Post # 5
    382 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

sounds like fun! and i like the look of your venue. how are you planning on using the colours there? our colours are really only for bouquets and ceremony decorations, once we get to the reception we’re just going with the nice ambience of the venue!

Post # 6
    3121 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I LOVE navy and green but it seems to preppy for a Speakeasy theme.

I picture black and white with metallic accents.  I LOVE both ideas but I’m not sure they go together.  

For centerpieces I’d use ostrich feathers and lots of candles!

Post # 10
    46333 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

You could use liquor decanters or bottles , or cocktail shakers for vases

centerpiece alcohol bottlehttp://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/63191200991630313_WTriaRfx.jpg

Post # 14
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Sounds like a fun theme, but keep in mind that speakeasies are from the 1920s, not 30s. The last formal prohibition period was in the United States and it ended in 1933.

The topic ‘1930's Speakeasy Theme? Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors