(Closed) 1940s Glamour-WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Love it! Super cute 🙂

Post # 4
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

That would be so awesome! I love the 30’s-50’s!

Post # 5
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

LOVE.

Post # 7
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I love it!

Post # 8
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

That’s fantastic! Good thinking on having it at an airplane hangar!

Post # 9
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I love the idea of the airplane hanger!  I am also having a vintage wedding with a 50’s feel.  I just love to see how many different ways vintage weddings can go and it looks like you are right on track for an amazing day!

Post # 11
1872 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Awesome ideas!

Don’t know if you need ’em but here are some of my favorite visual references for the 1940s: PHOTOGRAPHY: Helen Levitt, Henri Cartier Bresson, Margaret Bourke White, Robert Frank (sort of more 50s, but also worked in the 40s), William Klein, Ted Croner. Also Alberto Vargas’ pinup girls (which aren’t photography, but you like the pinups!) MOVIES:’40s movies (and modern ones* that take place in 1940s) for eye candy: His Girl Friday, Casablanca, The Philadelphia Story, like a million Hitchcock films (Rope, Notorious, Rebecca), The End of the Affair*, The English Patient*, The Notebook*, A League of Their Own*, Pan’s Labyrinth*, Inglourious Basterds*…

Post # 12
7437 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

Love it!  Dress is amazing!  Please post pics as it all comes together.

Post # 13
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It looks like so much fun! I love it!!!

Post # 14
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

There was a bee here who got married last summer who did this exact thing and it turned out GREAT! I wish I could remember her name to link you to her profile so you could see some of her recaps. I don’t think she’s been around much lately. 

Can anyone else remember her username? I know it had “vintage” in it, and she had an aquamarine tiffany ring (legacy I think)… did the 40s e-photo shoot and had her wedding in a hanger….. anyone???

Post # 16
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Cool idea!

The topic ‘1940s Glamour-WHAT DO YOU THINK?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors