(Closed) 1940’s themed wedding. Some help needed please.

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

IMO this board is pretty but the only actual image from the 40s looks to be that b&w street photo. That’s a bit silly since there are TONS of 1940s photos out there for the picking!

What is the feeling you are hoping to evoke? Do you want a ready made board or photos to work with? There are a lot of resources out there for original images, one of them being the Library of Congress

Post # 5
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Post # 8
4073 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’m thinking along the same lines a MissBoPeep.  In the UK you can hire vintage cutlery and china (and cut glass). Very country english garden…

ETA: garlands of pretty posies and bunting would work well inside too.

Post # 9
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Some random pix–and like PP said 1940s country china is not hard to find in antique shops. Also, you can usually come across the little hats, gloves, shawls, etc. there too if you want those sorts of dress accessories.

Post # 10
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MissBoPeep: Absolutely stunning!

@jessiesbabe: I imagined you wanting more inspiration of a LA style wedding as opposed to a vintage country wedding; because of your original post. I can find some more vintage country themed pics for ya if that’s what you’re after.

Post # 12
4073 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Art deco…?

Post # 14
1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

This is my favorite veil.  Sorry it’s so huge!  

The topic ‘1940’s themed wedding. Some help needed please.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors