1ct vs 1.25ct Amora Moissantie

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@lookingglass:  I think how big a stone looks really depends on your setting. A 1.25 center halo would look pretty big on a size 5ish finger. But 1.25 solitaire probably won’t look ridiculous. I have a 1 ct regular moissanite and wear around a size 7.5 for comparison:

Post # 5
886 posts
Busy bee

@lookingglass:  Thanks! Yes, it’s a star. Darling Husband had it custom made. We met in a planetarium. (We’re astro nerds. ๐Ÿ™‚ ) I’m sure you’ll love your rock too! I take it you ordered the Amora enhancement? Or did you order the Amora gem? It’s all so confusing now. I wish I could see the Amora gem. I’ll probably go that route someday for a 10 year anniversary ring. But post pics of yours when it gets in!

Post # 7
395 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

@lookingglass:  I posted a bunch of photos of a 1.25 ct stone in this thread. My finger size is J1/2 to K but I wear K1/2, so probably pretty similar to your sizing. 

It IS a comparatively large stone (for the UK it seems anyway). But it does not get in the way at all, and I think it looks very nice for this finger size; 1 ct would seem a tad too small for my taste (and I’m very understated — I don’t generally go for big bling). I wore that CZ around constantly for a week (including sleeping) and got VERY comfortable with it, didn’t want to take it off, hehe. 

Anyway I don’t think there is much difference between 1 ct and 1.25. There is quite a noticable difference between .75 and 1.25, though. MoissyCo has now updated their stock so if you’re concerned you could always swap (I don’t think they charge a restocking fee for stones).

It sounds like your Fiance is creating a beautiful ring for you, you’ll probably love it with the bigger stone unless you’re one of those ladies who genuinely don’t like bling. I asked a few of my British girlfriends what they thought about the size of my CZ, and they all loved it. Said pretty much what the Bee did, which was: go for it! Plus, moissanite just looks sooo gorgeous, no harm having a bit more to gaze at, eh? (;

Post # 8
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@pfinarffle:  I think your ring is one of favorites on the bee! Simple but edgy….love the Star tip prongs ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 9
886 posts
Busy bee

@MrsMtoBee:  A belated thanks for the compliment! It is definitely nontraditional! My Darling Husband did a great job designing it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
1590 posts
Bumble bee

pfinarffle:  Wow, I love that setting! Could you show pics of the mount from the side? Love that it looks like a star at the top.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors