2.06 carat diamond on 5mm width band

posted 1 month ago in Rings
Post # 16
65 posts
Worker bee

I love your ring in this setting, looks very luxe!

Post # 17
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

parig :  That look isn’t my style. I would say that you should be honest with your husband. He may be hurt for a hot second, but if he respects YOUR style, then maybe he will come around?

Post # 18
230 posts
Helper bee

I think the new 2ct diamond will look great with the thick band. I get wanting your husband to like it too. You can always keep in the setting with the thick band for awhile and later have the stone set in a smaller/thinner band setting for birthday, anniversary, or just because you’re ready for a change. Either way I’m sure you’ll see a good size difference with the new diamond versus the old. Good luck!

Post # 19
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

Get the band YOU want. He’ll get over it. 

Post # 20
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

I actually really like your set. My mom’s e-ring is almost identical, with a 2ct stone. It’s beautiful.

Post # 21
793 posts
Busy bee

I think the band you have it in now looks good! I like how you have it paired with the thinner eternity ring. I would probably just put the new stone in the setting you have, since it’s what you’re used to, imo it will still look bigger. I have a 4mm wedding band and actually really like it, if I lost my rings and had to redesign new ones, I would probably get a 1ct stone set in a 4mm band and wear it alone. 

Post # 22
3727 posts
Sugar bee

Maybe he’s sentimental about you having the same setting that you originally had? Honestly, nobody’s opinion matters on how it will look except you. If there’s something else you’d like, get it. I had zero say in my husband’s ring and he didn’t in my wedding band.

Post # 23
2603 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - County courthouse

The top of my engagement ring is about 5-6mm wide. My moissanite is 8.5mm or 2.5 cts. This ring is my dream ring. I paired it with a 1.3mm spacer band and a 3mm moissanite 7 stone band. I think my set looks great and substantial. I don’t think that the top width swallows up my stone at all. And I don’t think your 2ct will either. Here’s a few pics of my rings for reference:

Post # 25
2603 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - County courthouse

parig :  my stone is 8.5mm, so not much bigger than yours. Thank you for the compliment as well

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors