(Closed) 2 1/2 months away and the nightmares have started tell me yours!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ve had dreams that I’m at the church getting ready to go and realize I’ve done absolutely no planning. In one dream I was freaking out because we never planned our ceremony and we were scrambling to find readers. In another dream I’m getting ready and realized I completely forgot to get my dress altered!

Post # 4
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Only had one a few months back..but the parts were so random!! I guess “worst” part of the dream was that my prior ex of 5 years (who has also moved on and we’re all friends, Fiance included) was the one to HELP me out the day of the wedding.  I know there was more, but the part I can remember is we are between ceremony and reception (and for some reason he was in the wedding party) and I didn’t book a DJ… in which I just realized then and he was the one to take on the task and find a good DJ while we all were drinking and hanging out. 

Number 1, totally out of character of the ex ( he’s more stand back/follower vs. take the lead on something) and number 2, yes we’re friends…but wow!  Again, no additional feelings involved (I tell you 100% in love w/ FI) but so weird!

Other than that, nothing….but I still have 5 months to go!

Post # 5
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I had one where I didn’t have the songs picked out for the dances and it was the day of the wedding and I kept trying to write them down on a piece of paper but no matter what the pen wouldn’t work…

The best one was the one where it was the morning of the wedding and I didn’t have a dress, so my mom said she would go to goodwill and pick a few out for me and bring them back so I could pick which one I wanted. She brought back a giant 80’s style one and one that was made out of denim and yellow floral fabric. I remember being super stressed because I had to look amazing because the queen of england was going to be there..
That, dear bees, is what happens when you fall asleep watching Royal wedding coverage.

Post # 6
474 posts
Helper bee

@ekp12:  Almost all of mine involve me not planning anything!

Post # 7
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had one the other night and it was about everything i haven’t done yet…none of my shoes matched and I was frantically looking for some to wear.

My weil was so heavy that it was dragging all my hair out and falling off…(haven’t got my veil yet).

I’m sure here was something else I just cant remember, I woke up stressed though!!

Post # 8
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

One of mine was that my shoes broke and I had to go barefoot. Another was that we forgot to pay all of the vendors, so we had nothing. No flowers, no limo, no church, no food but we were sitting down at tables with linens lol.

So I’m getting married in the morning, and my scariest one is that I wake up on my wedding day and it’s 4pm (ahh!!)  And my fiance wouldn’t speak to me ust uttering “how could you be late on the most important day?!”    In reality, I am rushing everywhere i go. IDK what is wrong with me, but I have no concept of time. My Fiance thinks it’s funny usually that I am rushing around, but not in this dream.

Post # 9
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I was at the reception venue and the guest started coming in… but the place wasn’t ready! I was rushing around in my dress lighting candles, putting linens on the tables, all kinds of things! I also had another nightmare where EVERYONE ignored me on my wedding day! It was so weird! Oh and lastnight I had a nightmare that we got kidnapped on our honeymoon and my tooth broke…. wtf…

Post # 10
147 posts
Blushing bee

Cupcakes.  I’m always panicking about cupcakes.  It may be because I haven’t even gone price-checking yet…I really need to start looking at cupcakes.

This is also why I am awake at 3:55 a.m. when I have a 3 hour drive ahead of me…I actually woke up from having a nightmare that I completely forgot to order the cake or the cupcakes and all the guests were mad at me because there was no cake.

Thank you, Weddingbee for being the one place I can openly admit this.

Post # 11
3303 posts
Sugar bee

I have had three this week alone. I been having them since we got engaged last year.

• Not having enough money to pay for venue
  • Not sending invites
  • Not decorating reception
  • Not booking DJ
  • Not having dress

So many more I can’t remember.

Post # 12
487 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had a weird one recently. I woke up and realised I was about 5 hours late for the wedding. I got ready in record time and ran to the venue.

When I arrived I noticed people were starting to leave so I started shooing them back inside. The venue was like 15X larger than it really is (and really really high).

In real life I sort of have to enter the venue upstairs and then go downstairs to the cermony room but there’s a balcony there that overlooks it. Well in my dream I didn’t take the stairs but I hopped over the balcony (seemingly because I thought it would be quicker) and my dress kind of puffed out and I floated down Alice In Wonderland style (like I said it was much much higher in my dream) and then hot footed it down the aisle.

Weird :/

Post # 13
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Motor museum

Mine is always that I have been delayed at the hairdressers and they only just finish doing my hair and it is like 2pm (my wedding is at 12 noon). I then go over to my aunts house and my Maid/Matron of Honor is telling me to calm down and that everyone will wait and she is slowly helping me do my make up. It is awful! Lateness seems to be key here!

Post # 14
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - Motor museum

Also because of the rushing I stink of sweat!

Post # 15
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I had a few nightmares where I couldn’t fit into my wedding gowns…

I was late to my own wedding and missed out most of it. 

Scary!

Post # 16
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just had my first, which combined a whole bunch of things:

– we woke up on our wedding day and FORGOT until halfway through the day, leading us to frantically try to get ready, except

– my dress was unfinished and in two pieces

– my fiance forgot our rings

– I was trying to put on my own makeup and hated the way it looked, partly because I discovered

– I had somehow acquired a blond pageboy haircut (I am dark brunette with long hair)

– we were on the way to the wedding, an hour and a half late, when our car blew out.

I mean for real. All that anxiety in one dream!

The topic ‘2 1/2 months away and the nightmares have started tell me yours!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors